Posts by SamTheMan

Good morning everyone :)

I work for a medical device manufacturer, we have radiotherapy Linac equipment capable of taking CTs and transmitting them into a Record and Verify system for positioning verification before treatment.

We have a customer operating our R&V software over multiple satellite sites in a region with less than ideal upload bandwidth. Each satellite site has one of our DICOM receivers installed to which our systems export CTs. The DICOM receiver then pushes the data over the WAN to our central servers.

Due to the slow upload speed, this export takes 7-10 minutes which ties up the sending device and delays treatment workflow reducing daily patient throughput.

As such, we implemented Conquest as a DICOM Relay to receive the CT data, then autoforward to our relay. This reduced the export time to mere seconds and allowed the customer to put more patients through per day.

We then pointed their TPS system at the Relay so they can export Plan, structure set and reference CT via Conquest as this export was also taking a huge amount of time.

Now... whilst the relay is busy forwarding this data set from TPS, our Linacs are exporting Portal images and CTs to the relay as part of the treatment workflow. Whilst the relay is busy uploading a large dataset from TPS, the treatment CT/DRR are waiting in the queue to be forwarded, again delaying treatment.

So, onto the question!

Is there any way to configure Conquest to prioritise certain dicom objects over others for autoforward purposes?

Reading through the documentation, I don't believe this is possible.

Instead I am looking at implementing a second relay so we have one for TPS and one for Linac.

Any tips/comments/advice is welcome!

Thanks

Sam