Running Kpacs on a network with remote viewing station

• First of all... Kpacs is great..... the cmoving is amazing.

Nevertheless, I have a couple of questions:

I have a server running the images on the directory (about 60-70 gb of images). How do you have a remote viewing station access the kpacs server to retrieve the images within the imagebox? Would you use Citrix for the remote access or a UNC mapped drive? How are other people doing this?

Thanks!

Rob

• Hi Rob

Allthough I ve never done this, the easiest way could be to operate with a remote desktop or vnc as you suggested.
    Or you map the drive to the server from your remote station and share it.
    Citrix to my mind is not necessary and apart from that costs extra money.
    But there remains one question. Is your remote station located in your intranet or connected via internet?

• In DICOM this is a job for a PACS which provides Query/retrieve functionalities. All users, or lets say viewing stations, can retrieve the images they want and transfer them to their local directory (imagebox in kpacs).
    There are several free application available in the internet that could do that. One of the famoust is "conquest". Or have a look at our PACS "iQ-WEB" which could be found at http://www.image-systems.biz. It has an FDA approval and the CE (for Europe), but is not free. You can find a demo version at the web site, too.

Regards,

Yves

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!