Transferring to a New Computer

• I have a small DICOM image database that was imported into K-Pacs from a modality, and this worked OK.

But I now want to transfer that image database to a new computer on which I have installed Kpacs.

I have copied the DICOM files into a folder on the new computer but cannot find and effective and time efficient way to re-generate the Kpacs system as it operated on the original computer.

At present they are in a folder called Images and I was wondering if I called that folder Imagebox and pointed K-pacs to that folder if that would help the set up.

I have looked at Importing but that does not seem to do what is required.

Please advise the relevant steps to achieve this.

Thanks

Norm H

• There are several folder settings that could cause this behavior. Make sure your also copy the "database" folder located in the K-PACS-Server folder of the source system.

Check that the following folder variables are pointing to your new structures and verify they have the tailing '\'. Also, make sure K-PACS is not running.
    K-PACS.ini

Code
    ...ImageboxPath=C:\KPacs\Imagebox\ <== your image box folder...DatabasePath=C:\KPacs\K-Pacs-Server\Database\ <== your database folder...

K-PACS-Server\KPSERVER.txt

Code
    -od = C:\KPacs\Imagebox\ <== your image box folder

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!