Database considerations for Linux based server

• Hi all,

we are currently in the process of evaluating different options for implementing a
    microPACS solution with Q/R functionality for our institute. After going through all
    the documentation available for ConQuest I am still wondering what would be the
    most robust database backend for a Linux based server. I was able to get the
    1.4.13 version running with MySQL on Linux without too much hassle and also
    to succeed with some initial Q/R tests by means of findscu/movescu from the OFFIS
    DCMTK tools.

By looking at the ConQuest documentation, the MySQL driver seems to be quite
    promising in terms of performance but also the least tested and matured on Linux.

Therefore I would highly appreciate any direction from the experts for the
    preferable database backend for ConQuest on Linux not only in terms of
    performance but also in terms of its robustness, scalability and also in terms of
    possible migration to a full featured commercial PACS system in the future.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards - Juergen Salk

Paul Scherrer Institute
    Center for Proton Radiation Therapy

• I have used both postgresql and mysql for our nuclear medicine images for a couple of years. Volumes are not large - about 7000 patients and about 250GB storage. Both databases have been quite stable and speed seems OK. I can't compare it to the windows version as I only use it for occasional testing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!