K-Pacs and CPU usage

• Hi

I have searched the forum and have asked this question before, but haven't received any answer yet.

When retrieving images from PACS, "kpacs.exe" (not "kpserver.exe") takes over the CPU until the transfer is completed. This happens in every version of K-PACS that I have used, and I don't understand it at all. I thought that "kpacs.exe" is the StoreSCU that sends the retrieve command and "kpserver.exe" the SCP that receives the image in another association. Why does my task manager show kpacs.exe fully loading the CPU during the transfer? Shouldn't it be just waiting to get a response or something? What is it doing during the transfer? Is it continuously polling on a socket?

I will very much appreciate if someone clarifies this for me, because as is, there is very little that can be done while K-Pacs is retrieving a large image, and it's NOT because the receiving task (kpserver.exe) is using the CPU.

With many thanks,
    Mani

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!