Posts by ljaszcza

I'll second the usage of MySql. My latest iteration is stable and maintenance free for a little over three years. I like the maintenance free part. Also, I use redundant power supplies and UPS backup. Our utility provides somewhat unstable power.

Hmm, I thought that between 6 and 6 it would "stop" and forward otherwise. Can someone give me an example of how to setup a working nighthawk type of forwarding; forward after 18 and before 6.
    I tried setting up a numgreater and numless statement but could not get it to function properly.
    Thanks in advance, LJJ

Let me see if I understand. The following:

Code
    ExportConverter4 = between "18", "06"; stop; forward to efilm

will not forward between 6am and 6pm and otherwise forward to "efilm", right?

LJJ

Marcel,
    Every so often I will make a change/addition to dicom.ini, save, do some testing or troubleshooting and notice that dicom.ini no longer has my changes. This seems to happen when conquest terminates abnormally. Under what circumstances does conquest rewrite or restore dicom.ini to a previous state?
    LJJ

Patients that are scanned in kpacs 1.50 do not show in the menu of imagebox patients if you scan by date. They only show up if you use the menu with out any filters.

So, I do two CTs and scan 3 chest films (CR) today. I use the imagebox menu and click "today". The two CT exams show up, the three CR exams do not. If I look at all imagebox patients without the "today" filter, both the CT and CR patients show up.

Any idea why the scanned CR patients do not show up when searching by date?
    Thanks, LJJ

Well, I set up a .14 version of conquest with the db3 database in a different directory, set it to store .dcm files and drag/dropped my .v2 files to it. Conquest then rewrote them as .dcm DICOM in the new directory.
    LJJ

Error 7 seems to be nonspecific; a crash for whatever reason. I saw it often with one site and a phillips US and an older version of conquest. I also saw it when we had failing equipment (a switch) which was introducing errors into the netwok; some dicom files were corrupt. Any chance this connection or sending unit has a flaw?

I run conquest on Server 2003 R2 standard, can't comment on SBS. It shouldn't be a problem but that is a guess.
    LJJ

I installed a mysql (native driver) instance of 14b conquest on a windows 2003 server machine. This is the 6th instance of the server on the machine.
    The problem is that the instance of conquest will ping and echo other programs (kpacs and efilm), allow you to retrieve patient lists but when it gets to sending images it offers a "did not accept connection" for any given target viewer. The other instances of conquest (also 14b) send and receive fine to any of the target programs.

So, conquest 1 sends to efilm 1 fine, conquest 6 errors out. Same machine.

I have checked the port/IP/AETitle settings ad nauseum. I have tried requesting images or sending from conquest. I tried changing compression.
    I get "did not accept connection", "dicom error" no matter what I do. Could this be an issue with too many instances on one computer? The system is quad core, 2gigs memory. It runs pretty smoothly otherwise. Anyone have ideas? A debug example of the error follows:

[FLTSIDNEY] UPACS THREAD 16: STARTED AT: Thu May 08 11:58:22 2008
    [FLTSIDNEY] A-ASSOCIATE-RQ Packet Dump
    [FLTSIDNEY] Calling Application Title : "FLTSIDNEY "
    [FLTSIDNEY] Called Application Title : "FLTSIDNEY "
    [FLTSIDNEY] Application Context : "1.2.840.10008.3.1.1.1"
    [FLTSIDNEY] Number of Proposed Presentation Contexts: 3
    [FLTSIDNEY] Presentation Context 0 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.2.1.2"
    [FLTSIDNEY] Presentation Context 1 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.2.2.2"
    [FLTSIDNEY] Presentation Context 2 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.2.3.2"
    [FLTSIDNEY] Server Command := 0021
    [FLTSIDNEY] Message ID := 0005
    [FLTSIDNEY] C-Move Destination: "FAIRLIGHT6 "
    [FLTSIDNEY] 0000,0002 28 UI AffectedSOPClassUID "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.2.1.2"
    [FLTSIDNEY] 0000,0100 2 US CommandField 33
    [FLTSIDNEY] 0000,0110 2 US MessageID 5
    [FLTSIDNEY] 0000,0600 16 AE MoveDestination "FAIRLIGHT6 "
    [FLTSIDNEY] 0000,0700 2 US Priority 0
    [FLTSIDNEY] 0000,0800 2 US DataSetType 258
    [FLTSIDNEY] (QualifyOn) (anonymous) IP:FAIRLIGHT6 , PORT:104
    [FLTSIDNEY] MyPatientRootRetrieveGeneric :: SearchOn
    [FLTSIDNEY] 0008,0020 8 DA StudyDate "20080507"
    [FLTSIDNEY] 0008,0052 6 CS QueryRetrieveLevel "STUDY "
    [FLTSIDNEY] 0010,0010 0 PN PatientName (empty)
    [FLTSIDNEY] 0010,0020 0 LO PatientID (empty)
    [FLTSIDNEY] Query On Image
    [FLTSIDNEY] Issue Query on Columns: DICOMImages.SOPClassUI, DICOMImages.SOPInstanc, DICOMSeries.SeriesInst, DICOMStudies.StudyDate, DICOMStudies.PatientNam, DICOMStudies.PatientID, DICOMStudies.StudyInsta,DICOMImages.ObjectFile,DICOMImages.DeviceName
    [FLTSIDNEY] Values: DICOMStudies.StudyDate = '20080507' and DICOMSeries.StudyInsta = DICOMStudies.StudyInsta and DICOMImages.SeriesInst = DICOMSeries.SeriesInst
    [FLTSIDNEY] Tables: DICOMImages, DICOMSeries, DICOMStudies
    [FLTSIDNEY] Query Distinct Tables: DICOMImages, DICOMSeries, DICOMStudies
    [FLTSIDNEY] Columns : DICOMImages.SOPClassUI, DICOMImages.SOPInstanc, DICOMSeries.SeriesInst, DICOMStudies.StudyDate, DICOMStudies.PatientNam, DICOMStudies.PatientID, DICOMStudies.StudyInsta,DICOMImages.ObjectFile,DICOMImages.DeviceName
    [FLTSIDNEY] Where : DICOMStudies.StudyDate = '20080507' and DICOMSeries.StudyInsta = DICOMStudies.StudyInsta and DICOMImages.SeriesInst = DICOMSeries.SeriesInst
    [FLTSIDNEY] Order : (null)
    [FLTSIDNEY] Records = 2799
    [FLTSIDNEY] Number of images to send: 2799
    [FLTSIDNEY] Host 'FAIRLIGHT6 ' did not accept the connection
    [FLTSIDNEY] C-Move (PatientRoot)
    [FLTSIDNEY] UPACS THREAD 16: ENDED AT: Thu May 08 11:58:24 2008
    [FLTSIDNEY] UPACS THREAD 16: TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 2 SECONDS

Marcel,
    The reason that the duplicates were a problem was that dragging/dropping resulted in conquest freezing after some amount of files. The problem seemed to happen most where I had a large number (CT or MRI) of duplicated files. So...
    I set up a 14b conquest DBIII and drag/dropped the directory into it as suggested in your post. The behavior I see is the same as with MySQL. That is, after some amount of time, conquest freezes. If I close dgate, dgateserv, conquestDICOMserver, it is no avail. Any attempts to drag/drop immediately lock up conquest and I have to reboot to regain functionality. I think the problem is due to malformed DICOM files (GE US?), but this is very hard to troubleshoot as I don't get any log files after the freeze.
    I thought this was a MySQL problem, but the system behaves the same with the DBIII driver. and shutting down and restarting dgate does not help...
    Any ideas on where this problem is?

Any one else struggle with a similar issue?

LJJ

I had a similar problem running with a Lacie brand NAS drive (Ethernet 1TB drive).
    I finally pinned it on the Lacie NAS unit. I did not encounter the same problem using a local drive or a different (thecus n5200 Raid) NAS.
    Consider trying with a non network source.
    Hope this helps, I was pulling my hair out for a while.
    LJJ

I made a mistake with conquest.

I ran conquest for a long time as .dcm jpg lossless, I ran into problems with out of memory errors and tried running as .v2 nki and .dcm uncompressed.

To make a long story short, I managed to drag and drop incorrectly and now have a somewhat mixed batch of files that include many (30% or more) duplicates. That is, any given patient directory may have duplicated .v2 and .dcm files.
    To make it worse, a duplicated large MRI or CT sequence locks up conquest/mysql (even with the rapid disconnect fixes put in). So trying to drag and drop into conquest is difficult as it locks every few patients and requires system reboot.

There are over a million files, too many to do by hand. My backup mirror is equally mucked up

Does anyone know of any dicom tools or conquest tips that may be helpful in condensing and cleaning up my image set?

Thanks, LJJ

What you say is true. I had over 1.5 million images last I checked, the innodb accounts for ~4gb.
    It resides on a raid 5 array and is backed up to an offsite raid 5 array.
    LJJaszczak

Thanks Marcel,
    I will try a non mysql drag/drop. In the meantime, I have come across a couple of "similar" issues of server 2003 handling ephemeral ports vs win2000. This could be a server 2003 specific problem...
    LJJ