Posts by marcelvanherk

Hi,

Thanks for finding this. I still believe Conquest is correct because "The SOP class Extended Negotiation is not supported and ignored". This means that date and time range matches are done independently which is correct according to the standard. However, it also should mean that hierarchical queries are be supported while in fact they are. So there is a bug there.

Marcel

Hi Tim,

if you use CTRL-ALT right click on "Install server as NT service", it will ask to install as four services with subsequent ports. I have not used this feature in a long time, but if it works, this may allow you to just have to install 3 servers (ports1-4, 5-8, and port 9). This (probably) only works with SQL server and definitively not with dbaseIII. The mechanism is that dgate.exe is run several time with different ports using the -p parameter.

Otherwise you have to install 9 times. Have not tried this, but the server supports installing up to 40 times. Leave earlier installed servers running: these will be detected by the next installed server. If you are smart, you can share data storage between servers. The database can be shared if its SQL server, not shared if its dbaseIII, and unknown for other other databases.

Marcel

Hi,

The server never changes the filenames of existing data. So you have to transfer the data to another server. The easiest solution is to darg and drop the files from one server onto the window of the other server. You remoet dicom error is a configuration issue. Both servers need to have a different AE, and a different port, and both servers need to know each other in "known dicom providers".

Marcel

Hi,

you can compare %Vgggg,eeee items with ifnumless to give some control over time.

Code
    ifnumless "%V0008,0031[0,5]", "%d[11,12]%d[14,15]%d[17,18]"; forward to SERVER

compares the series time to the current time. But your actual filter may be more complex.

Marcel

Hi,

in conquest the date and time queries are not linked. So your query:

0040,0002 DA 001 Sched.Proc.StartDate X O O 01 20081020-20081021
    0040,0003 TM 001 Sched.Proc.StartTime X O O 01 043500-043500

returns patients with (date 20081020-20081021) AND (time 043500-043500). So this matches the exact time 043500 only. I am not sure if this is correct dicom behavior (can you check this?). So you can use date ranges and time ranges, but in most cases both at the same time will not work.

Marcel

Hi,

we use a wildcard adress and name mapping:

name client AE as "Vcomputername" with port e.g., 1234

use server ACRNEMA.MAP entry

V* * 1234

This will substitute computername as adress, so the IP address does not need to be known. This trick work under windows.

Marcel

Hi,

we had issues with the GUI crashing in the past as well, but not recently. If the GUI crashes, the server continues to run: the GUI and the server are independent processes. To restart the server you then have to kill the dgate process and restart the GUI.

Marcel

Hi,

It is not clear to me why mysql would interfere with running the server as a service. I may have to do with different rights of the service user and the local user. Did you try to change the login for the service to yourself? With ODBC you need to do that if you use a user DSN instead of a system DSN. But you probably use the native mysql interface. But it may have similar issues.

Marcel

Hi,

hmmm. So the database is not the culprit. This will be hard to debug. Is there any possibility to get a more elaborate crash log. A stack trace would be great. If uou have visual studio (the free express edition is fine), you can attach it to the dgate process and get a more complete debug log when it crashes.

Marcel