Posts by Erik Virtel

These list items cannot be removed or changed in any way.

Whenever we will be enhancing the print manager I'll keep that in mind. Right now it seems a bit tricky to me how to implement it nicely. Since the profit of such an implementation is so low, I'd have to find an easy and quick way to justify the efforts of that implementation.

If you are installing iQ-VIEW 2.7 over 2.6, the setup program will automatically do an uninstallation of the 2.6 version first. Whenever you are uninstalling iQ-VIEW, all user specific configuration files (shortcuts etc.) and of course the database will stay untouched and will work for iQ-VIEW 2.7 without trouble.

In a nutshell: simply use 1- install 2.7 over 2.6

If you are experiencing trouble (unexpected program behavior) after the upgrade, we can go into detail about a fresh installation with copies of the settings.

Hello dbartelena,

1- is there any known reason preventing KPACS and iQ-VIEW 2.6 running together?

We recommend to not use both applications at the same time for various reasons (I can't be more specific here). This is also true for other DICOM viewers since we have had reports from customers about incompatibilies. Since iQ-VIEW evolved from K-PACS there might always be issues when same settings are used or resources might be used concurrently by both applications.

2- is that conflict XP specific?

No.

3- should I try to upgrade to 2.7 ?

This should work for you.

Please be aware that we are not supporting K-PACS. So any problems you will be facing using iQ-VIEW and K-PACS at the same time might not qualify for our support. We always suggest K-PACS upgraders to iQ-VIEW to remove K-PACS entirely from their system.

Perhaps you should try to use a PACS instead of a Viewing Workstation (i.e. K-PACS) as an archive.

I'm confident to see it released long before the end of 2012.
    iQ-VIEW 2.8 is mainly addressed to fix certain 2.7 issues, thus we want to deploy it as soon as possible to our customers.

Good to see that this resolved your issue. We have had similar reports from Fuji Printers.

With iQ-VIEW 2.8, explicitly settings these values in the Ini won't be necessary. Missing values won't be sent to the printer, which will be the same behavior as it was in iQ-VIEW 2.6.

All the best,

Erik

I'd say you can use any Texteditor to do the job. Just select coherent blocks and move them in the desired position and change their rowposition accordingly.

This is a coherent block of one dicom node:
    0|1|ECHO
    1|1|iQ-WEBX
    2|1|PACS
    3|1|127.0.0.1
    4|1|8000
    5|1|Server

You see the second column which is filled with "1". This is the rowposition in the list. You can see the second column has an increased number topdown through the list. Thus you need to adapt this rownumber according to their new postitions to avoid trouble. don't touch the first one (0) as is the header of this table.
    When you open the dicom.txt the dicom entries will be sorted 0-1-2-3-4 for example. After moving entries arround you'll have changed their order e.g. to 0-1-4-2-3. Bring the numbers in the second column in the rigth order again.

To make it foolproof, use the dicom settings to delete and enter the specific dicom nodes in the disired order.

This is not a bug. It was intentionally implemented this way. For received series one thumbnail per image will be created. There is no chance for the user to change this behavior.
    So it would rather be a feature request to change this. I'll mention this point one more time on the next development talking.

There is no automatic way to sort the archives.
    They will be listed as they were added in the DICOM settings. You could use the DICOM settings to change their order or you could edit the dicom.txt and bring them in your desired order by hand. Each entry consists of 5 rows (e.g. 0|0 to 5|0 for the first entry).

Hello,

these Bitmap images are used as thumbnails in iQ-VIEW's study browser preview panel. They are created on retrieval so they do not need to be created when selecting the study in the browser.

I do understand your concerns but at the moment there is no way to avoid the creation of these images.

I will quote from iQ-VIEW's Administration Guide.pdf.

"Overflow management is used to automatically clean the iQ-VIEW imagebox from studies that are no longer needed locally and to keep enough free space on the hard disk used for the local imagebox to allow for new studies to be stored. In addition to automatically deleting the DICOM objects and removing the respective folders and sub-folders, the iQ-VIEW database file (KPStudy.dir) is cleaned from the removed studies so that their entries do no longer populate the study browser’s study list."

If enabled, iQ-VIEW will delete studies older (concerning registration date) than the specified number of days on every start of the application.