Posts by dbartalena

unfortunately the over-install was not the correct procedure.

my vendor told me that in order to get a new activation code I had to reset the current licence first.
    so, after installing 2.7 over 2.6. I had to uninstall it, reinstall 2.6 and then complete the licence reset on 2.6 before upgrading to 2.7.

correct suggested procedure is here in case any other user would need it.

Step 1: Reset the iQ-VIEW license
    · To do that open the “Local settings” dialog and select the “Information/Upgrade” button. Click “Reset” to deactivate the license key. When the license is reset it will no longer be valid on that machine. The hardware fingerprint will change and the previously used activation key becomes invalid.
    · During the “Reset” a text file is created in the iQ-VIEW installation directory, called “License Uninstall Info.txt”. This file contains an uninstall key verifying the license reset. Send this file by e-mail to license@image-systems.biz.
    Step 2: Install the new version 2.7 (Then you can work for 30 days with the trial version.)
    Step 3: Send us the new hardware fingerprint
    Step 4:
    If the license has a valid Annual Service Package: We will provide you the activation data for your upgrade license as soon as possible.
    Please note: The workflow stops only for the time you reset the license and install the new one.

Quote from Erik Virtel

Since the profit of such an implementation is so low, I'd have to find an easy and quick way to justify the efforts of that implementation.

well, in my opinion the profit would not be low, since anytime I have to print an image the current list with 2 used formats and 6 unused formats makes selection tricky and annoying.

anyway I filed an issue report on Mantis.

http://mantis.image-systems.biz/view.php?id=2738

I found some infos here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DICOM

for some reasons some ports do not work on some computers...
    I mean I have a Win7 computer where K-PACS runs on port 4006 and iQ-VIEW on 105
    and a Win32 PC where K-PACS runs on 2761 and iQ-VIEW on 4006 but none of them runs on 104 or 105

my DICOM printer only has 2 film formats: 10x12 and 14x17 so I'd like to delete all others formats that appear in the "paper format" dropdown menu (see screenshot).

[Blocked Image: http://i0.simplest-image-hosting.net/thumbnail/paper-format.jpg]

is there any way to tweak the print dialog in order to remove the "paper formats" I don't need and keep only those I want?

I hope this could be achieved modifying some of the .ini files but I need to know which one.

Quote from Erik Virtel

You will need a new license. iQ-VIEW 2.7 will run in Trial mode (30 days) until you activate the new license.
    Please contact your vendor for the proper procedure.

upgrade successful, thanks!!!
    I've already sent an email to my vendor with the fingerprint of my computer to get a new licence code

Quote from Erik Virtel

In a nutshell: simply use 1- install 2.7 over 2.6

thanks 4 feedback.

1 last question. will the 2.7 over-installed keep the licence of the 2.6 version or should I provide you again the fingerprint to get a registration code?

hi, I have a payed licence of 2.6 and I've also payed for upgrades.
    I'd like now to switch to 2.7, so please tell me what's the correct procedure:

1- install 2.7 over 2.6

2- uninstall 2.6 and then make fresh 2.7 install

I'd like also to keep current 2.6 settings regarding to keyboard custom hotkeys, DICOM nodes, printing DICOM tags custom layouts etc. etc.
    will the upgrade keep memory of those? should I make a backup first? if yes, which files should I copy?

Quote from Erik Virtel

I will quote from iQ-VIEW's Administration Guide.pdf.
    If enabled, iQ-VIEW will delete studies older (concerning registration date) than the specified number of days on every start of the application.

what do you exactly mean with "registration date" ?

I have this strange issue.

I have a payed licence of iQ-VIEW 2.6 and it works fine on a WinXP 32bit PC.

I had to install a K-PACS 1.6 to have a secondary DICOM archive.

If K-PACS is running and I try to launch iQ-VIEW, just the splashcreen shows up and then iQ-VIEW doesn't start.

If iQ-VIEW is running and I try to launch K-PACS, nothing happens.

it seems that the 2 software cannot run together on XP.
    on the other hand on another PC with Win7 64bit both K-PACS and iQ-VIEW 2.7 do well together

I checked the DICOM configuration parameters on XP and there's no apparent conflict of AET, port or Imagebox location.

so, my questions are:
    1- is there any known reason preventing KPACS and iQ-VIEW 2.6 running together?
    2- is that conflict XP specific^
    3- should I try to upgrade to 2.7 ?

see link: http://mantis.image-systems.biz/view.php?id=2693

this is to let you know that the .ini file tweak you asked me to try solves my "grey print" issue.

In case other users may need it, with my SONY FimStation UP-DF550 the required settings are:

MinDensity=0
    MaxDensity=300

it's also necessary to change the Border density value to 300 in the DICOM print settings of iq-VIEW in order to avoid a "grey border" film.

thank you very much for feedback.