Posts by hammad

Hi Marcel

I had gone through the user manual for dbquery and sql command. If possible will you please share some example of following scenarios.

SQL Query :

SELECT
    dicompatients.PatientID,
    dicompatients.PatientNam,
    dicompatients.PatientBir,
    dicompatients.PatientSex,
    dicomstudies.AccessionN,
    dicomstudies.ReferPhysi,
    dicomstudies.StudyModal,
    dicomstudies.StudyDate,
    dicomstudies.StudyTime,
    dicomstudies.StudyDescr
    FROM
    dicompatients
    INNER JOIN dicomstudies ON dicompatients.PatientID = dicomstudies.PatientID

where dicomstudies.StudyModal = 'CT'

and Secondly

local a = sql("SELECT COUNT(PatientID) FROM DICOMPATIENTS");
    sql("INSERT INTO UserTable (CounterID,Val) VALUES ('CT',a) ");

I wanted to insert some string and integer value data in tables.
    Is the second query correct. If possible for you please share some lua scripts that communicate with database.

Please guide and share how can i write above query using dbquery command

Hi Marcel

I have two questions :

First Question ::
    If i create a following column in Database say DICOMSTUDIES table (0008,0054 RetrieveAETitle) . I manually set the value of this column. This column can have multiple values. Will you please guide in writing in lua script :: Whenever user queries PACS Server, the conquest first check the Requesting AET and return the result of all studies that match with the corresponding AET. In other words i want to include this AET check in every Q/R request forwarded to PACS.

Second Question::

I want to make some studies unavailable to doctors. I had created a column in database in DICOMSTUDIES table. (0008,0056 InstanceAvailability). I set its value NO. But even on Q/R operations the subject study is made available to doctors. I also want same check in worklist table. OR should i use Patient Status DICOM tag (0011,1010 PatientStatus).

Please guide.

--HM

Problem :

In one of our sites where Employment Medical Fitness Examination are carried, the Radiology Technician modifies the scans or replace the UNFIT Employee CR Study with the person who is fit and forward it to PACS for reporting. In this way number of employees who are unfit are given employment. I deeply study and find that every time he does this the KODAK CR assigns a new Study Instance ID to the study and save it to PACS.

Is there any way we can stop the PACS from receiving the modified Study.

Regards

HM

Just tell me, is it possible. That after sometime i compress a study using any compression tool like 7z or Winrar and save it on any MAG device.

Now, do i need to update Database dicomimages also??? If yes, then what entry should i pass a simple filename or what???

If user request this study that is compressed, will be conquest able to understand this file and send images to the request client.

Your help in this regard is appreciated.

Hi

Requirement:-

Three (03) Tiers for Storage Management on Basis of Study Age.

Description:-

Define three (03) MAGs. MAG0 are fast SATA HDDs , MAG1 are little bit slow performing HDDs and MAG2 are low cost, cheap SATA HDDs.

After some defined period Patient Studies from MAG0 moved to MAG1 and MAG1 Studies are compressed using any protocol are shifted to MAG2. When a query is made to a PACS Server for any study and study is zipped or winrar on MAG2 it should be uncompressed and forwarded to requesting workstation.

In other words i wanted to implement Hierarchical storage management (HSM).

This will help me in save lot of space and also help me in deleting Studies from MAG2, if i want to...

--HM

Hi

I wanted to set the value a column ACCESS TIME, time at which the query is made to specific study.

If there is some value already inserted in the field then it should be updated.

Please guide.

--HM

Hi

My PACS setup was running fine and flawless and no issues reported. I just imported some DICOM images of OPG. I simply copied the whole DVD into the incoming folder and server started importing it. Some files (which are non-DICOM) were discarded and DICOM files were imported successfully without any error and i was able to view images.

After sometime i got this message on GUI Console

*** Restarted dead server after error 7
    [PACS] Monitoring for files in: D:\images\incoming\
    [PACS] DGATE (1.4.17d, build Sun Mar 09 15:18:24 2014, bits 64) is running as threaded server
    [PACS] ***VR:ReAlloc out of memory allocating -606339074 bytes
    [PACS] ***A fatal error occurred (out of memory) - closing server.

I had restarted the Application number of times and also restarted the computer but of no use. On killing the Server i got this message.

]"The Server is not running properly: no connection
    Probably cause: NT Service failed to start (check account and password)".

Please guide this is my production server.

Thanks Marcel. If possible can you made the attached script little bit dynamic like i can pass modality and study description to the script and then the script query a selected table from DB for number of images against that Study Description.

Can you guide me in this regard.

--HM

Okie. I will test and update you.

But i found that there is lot of difference in the dicom.ini files of newer versions and old versions??? In new version there is no MIRROR DEVICES option whereas in old version this option was available. If i copy paste from old to new will this work??

--HM

i will ask my Radiologists to give me minimum number of images a particular scan can have. for example in CT head simple you can have min 250 images. and MR head simple can have 350.

If i get the images lower then the configured one the server generate an error or send an email to the Admin.

--HM

Hi Marcel

I had read the manual and do the required configuration for pre-fetching in dicom.ini. My requirement is whenever a doctor query conquest for some study then all of its images should be made available to the doctor on workstation for viewing instead s/he download each study one by one.

I want to configure the pre-fetching on the basis of Modality, Study Description or Referring Physician. If images are routed to some workstation then the old images of that patient must also be forwarded with the current one to the required workstation.

Please guide me how to configure ?

--HM

HI Marcel

Got some queries regarding Mirror Devices

(1) Please specify the number of drives i can add as MIRROR DRIVES? Currently i have 6 MAGs that are active and Data is coming and stored on them

(2) Can i configure one MIRROR DRIVES for my each current MAGs? If yes then please guide?

(3) Will the MIRROR DRIVES inherit the same file syntax, compression ratios of the MAG drive of which it is mapped

--HM

Hi Marcel

I wanted to know can i disable image routing for a specific period of time i,e i want CONQUEST to stop forwarding images between 1500 hrs to 1900hrs. Is this possible? If yes then how??

Secondly , I want the routing to be disabled on the basis of some criteria liek Modality Type, Calling AET, Referring Physicians etc.

--HM

Thanks Marcel for your guidance. I got few queries regarding Archive.

(1) Can i define separate location for images (storage of Studies on Basis of Modalities and also saving incoming images in separate MAGs on basis of Hospital name) just like they were saved on current Active MAGs.

(2) What number of Archive i can define? And what is the syntax of this ?

(3) Do Conquest also uses the concept of ONLINE and OFFLINE Studies like other PACS system?

(4) Can i configure to Archive Studies on basis of Study age instead of DISK SPACE.

(5) If a Study is Archived, is there any way to check the integrity of files copied to ARCHIVE by md5 checksum.

(6) Is Hierarchical Storage Management System (HSM) is available in conquest for ARCHIVAL. If yes then do it support tar, zip or any other format.

--HM