Posts by GaryUK

Hi
    Sorry I forgot I'd registered and posted here (again its an age thing :) ) I've modified my requirements... assuming I can get it to work, KPACS would now only be a store, if I can point our current web viewer to KPACS as a secondary location, it would not matter that it is only a store, modalities would push to it in an emergency. do you think this can be configured?

Thanks
    Gary

Hi
    I wonder is anyone can help, I've tried numerous solutions to a small problem we have, we will soon be loosing a PACS backup and I want to find some form of alternative, I originally looked at myfreepacs as it held a simple web viewer but getting the server and viewer to work was problem some, I then looked at Orthanc, this set up very easy even with my limited server and Dicom experience but the web viewer was not how I would have liked it, I could alter it but making the changes means editing at install, I then realised I should be able to point our current web viewer to it... excellent no re-training users for a "once every few years" usage. this is when ~I found the setup/config for modalities not friendly.
    KPACS web page does not give much info about it overview, so I'm here looking for some answers if you could be kind enough to give them.
    Is Kpacs free to use?
    is it a Dicom Store/server?
    Is it possible to point external web viewers to it?

Thanks
    Gary