IQ-VIEW export does not write DICOMDIR file

• I had no problems with that previously but now, IQ-VIEW, when exporting
    to a CD, creates the project except for the DICOMDIR file. The error message is "The DICOMDIR creation process failed because of DICOM-File incompliancy".
    I could manage the problem by using directly the command "dcmmkdir.exe --no-profile --fileset-id "IQ_DICOMDIR" +r *.*" from the correct directory, which creates the file, but I would like to
    understand what is happening. The only changes I made, to my knowledge, are updating to the last version of IQ-VIEW.

• Yes, I know this it is the command sent by Iq-View, so it was such a surprise! Iq-View.exe and DcmMkDir.exe are in the same directory (c:\images\iq-view\) and I have even installed a fresh new english version (mine is in french, and has been updated many times) 2.1.0.45 from 2.1.0.35 install then update to 2.1.0.45 plus iQ-3D to 1.2.2, but the problem remained.
    I suspect another possibility coming from a security program (VirusScan and LanDesk have evolved recently in my computer): executing DcmMkDir from Iq-View would be suspected as a trojan and halted: what do you think of that idea?
    I have yet another demand (which is not concerning a bug), Andreas, could the ROIs statistics in iq-3D have the surface?
    With best regards, Jean-Marie.

• If you are using V 2.1 then check if the iQ-View.ini option:

[CDBurnSettings]
    MediumIdentifier=IQ-DICOMDIR

is set to an acceptable value and is not empty. Otherwise a blocking of dcmmkdir is possible as well, check if it still occurs when you disable the security program.

Regards,
    Andreas

Ps.: I forwared your iQ-3D request to our 3D developement team

• MediumIdentifier was DICOM_Pa (maybe Paravision since I connect to a Bruker MRI). I changed it to IQ-DICOMDIR, had the same error message, and found it was changed to IQ-DICOM in the ini file (cut to 8 chars). Anyway, this field is not empty.
    I cannot disable the security programs since they are installed by the hospital, at least rapidly, to give you an answer on the effect.
    Thanks for the ROI demand.
    Regards, Jean-Marie.

• We found the problem:

change the medium identifier to something like "DCM". The identifier must not be larger than 8 characters and must not contain characters other than capital letters and underscore "_"
    In other words: the identifier must strictly be compatible with ISO9660.

Regards,
    Andreas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!