Unable to read/import DICOM data from K-Pacs CDs

• We have found that DICOM data written to a CD with K-Pacs v1.0 can not be read/imported into other DICOM systems - well at least two. Siemens Syngo and eFilm will read the DICOMDIR but import fails. I can provide a header dump if that would be helpfull?

• Andreas,
    Just to clarify - my Siemens based Syngo system will read and display the contents of the DICOMDIR file. But, after selecting a patient, study or series, the import fails. This also occurred with an attempted import to eFilm. I attempted another import on the Syngo system (dropping files from the CD into the directory from which a backround application attempt to import into the loca database), but also failed. The application log for this second failure indicated something like, "DICOM attributes not in order", or something along those lines.

Would you like me to send the contents of CD - DICOMDIR and image files? I will select small images. How should I send them?

Thank,
    Scott

• Hello Andreas, I actually have the same issue with importing images from an IQView CD. Most of our neighboring facilities import our CD's using their GE RA600. The RA600 will read the dll, but will not import the images. The complaints have mostly gone away do to telerad, but now and then I still get calls...I can send a dll if it helps, but it happens with all cd's...as far as I have tried...V2.20 and earlier versions...

• Yes, please send me the DICOMDIR file of one of the CD's.

Although I am sure that this is not a K-PACS/IQ-View issue since the DICOMDIR is created with the standard OFFIS dcmmkdir tool and this is supposed to be Europe's reference implementation of DICOM.

We also recently passed the OFFIS DICOM CD test procedure which should detect those incompatibility issues.

Regards,
    Andreas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!