Is there a way to forward a comparison study automatically?

• Is there a way to set up forwarding so that a comparison study is also sent over? For example, a CR getting forwarded would also echo the most recent (1 or more) CRs? Or a description "Chest" CR prompt forwarding the most recent "Chest" CR?

• I am a newbie to this. Have been testing out the capabilities of Conquest on a home network with a PC and notebook and have been quite impressed!
    Í have used the 'forward patient' ExportModality on the 1.4.13beta version using the built in SQLite database. There is a 10min delay before this occurs, and I've read the reason for this in the manual (ensure that all data at a given patient level is available when forwarding).
    Is there or will there be a method to change this delay time? In particular, I would like to decrease the delay time.

• Much appreciated. Also any preliminary reports on how well SQLite handles large databases (terabytes worth of images)? Seems promising so far for me but I have only have several GB's on at the moment.

• Marcel,
    Can you comment at all on how soon you plan to add finer granularity to the preretreive or forward patient queries?
    The feature works well but needs more control. The ability to pull old studies is excellent but the workstation gets bogged down when a single cxr is sent over and forward patient send multiple large CT and MRI examinations on busy patients jackets.
    If this is a low priority item, I may pay for a commercial routing program that includes these features, if the features will be included in conquest within 6 months or so, I will probably wait.
    Thanks for any answer,
    LJJ

• Well, I think three levels of granularity would be useful to forward comparison studies.
    1) specify match by modality. This is most important. If Conquest forwards a CR, we should be able to limit it to forwarding old CRs only.
    2) specify number of old studies to forward or limit by time. Less important but useful. For example, if more than 5 old CR examinations are present, only forward the most recent 5 examinations. Or only forward examinations within 3 years of current examination.
    3) Specify patient match by name (and/or) Patient ID (and/or) birth date for old film retrieval. This is less important but useful when patients have misspelled or alternate (jim^jones for example) name presentations or clinic/hospital IDs. So you could specify a strict name and ID match for old examination retrieval or a loose name or ID match. Or even a ((name and birth date) or (ID and birth date)) statement.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!