1.4.13beta available

• This version is close to completion and fixes almost all problems reported for 1.4.12c and 14.13alpha. However, the manual is not yet fully completed: the new web viewer and linux are not covered well. You can easily test features of this release by extracting dgate.exe and conquestdicomserver.exe and replace older versions with them.

The server distribution is now integrated: jpeg support, native mysql, and web viewer are all in one zip file. Also, this version contains a SqLite database driver built-in, as alternative for dbaseIII.

For bug fixes and new features see this forum (http://www.image-systems.biz/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=571 and http://www.image-systems.biz/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=573).

For the web viewer use dgate.exe, ActiveFormProj1.ocx, and dicom.ini in the webserver directory of dicomserver1413beta.zip.

Here are the downloads:

Binaries for windows: ftp://ftp-rt.nki.nl/outbox/Mar…r/dicomserver1413beta.zip

Server core sources: ftp://ftp-rt.nki.nl/outbox/Mar…mserver/DGATE1413beta.ZIP

Library sources: ftp://ftp-rt.nki.nl/outbox/Mar…rver/DICOMLIB1413beta.ZIP

Linux sources: ftp://ftp-rt.nki.nl/outbox/Mar…conquestlinux1413beta.zip

Have fun!

Marcel

• Some open issues in 14.13beta:

1) dgate crashes in native MYSQL mode when the mysql database is not running. Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

2) register web viewer from conquest server. Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

3) implement SQLITE in linux. Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

4) document myisam speed. Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

5) browser in dbaseIII mode not really thread safe. Unresolved.

6) implement browsethroughdbf flag. Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

7) fix rare crash of GUI when restoring from tray. Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

8} database changes. Under consideration.

9) e.g., "forward patient to" does not retry. In final release 1.4.13

10) make compression and filenamesystax a dropdown list. Kind of in 1.4.13.

12) make disk cleanup / archiving patient selection configurable. Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

13) Allow some very frequent messages to be warning not error. Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

Marcel

• Hi,

here are some reported bugs in 1.4.13beta.

1) 100% cpu load while waiting for 10 minute delay of "forward xxx to". Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

2) 10 minute delay of "forward xxx to" should be configurable. Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

3) unfortunatly when I am trying to install conquest server on multiple port as per the instruction in the manual. its giving me a error " "5678" is not valid intiger" and not installing the server on multiple port. Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

4) quotes in in manual are smart quotes that will fail when copied and pasted into dicom.ini. Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

5) I have tried using the new substring functionality of the beta and it works well except that the actual name of the file (not dirs) always comes out as the first 24 chars of the SOPInstanceID, not matter what I use as a string. (May be related to 128 char limit of FileNameSyntax string itself). Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

6) date fields are not truncated: may cause sql error. Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

7) check error handling postgres driver. Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

8 ) Receiving single Dicom objects greater than about 500 MB causes the server to crash and/or stop working. Drag and drop of those files causes similar problems. Memory errors are reorted and stop the server in final release 1.4.13.

9) It appears that if you use %callingae in the FileNameSyntax, the full 16 characters are written into the filename. If there are fewer characters in the AE Title, then ConQuest uses the extra spaces reports that it has Written file: C:\dicomserver\data\MG\RPYC_PHYIM02 \physics^gridfactor\study845\s2492-i4-000e.dcm for example - notice the gap between IM02 and \physics. However, the files beneath the AE Title folder are never written, and that folder does not have the extra spaces. My syntax is as follows: FileNameSyntax = %modality\%callingae\%name\study%studyid\s%seriesid-i%imagenum-%counter.dcm. Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

10) can dgate -- commands get a meaningful exit code? Open.

11) look into correctness of metaheaders in dcm and v2 files. V2 files do not contain a metaheader nor group lengths which is OK. DCM files contain a valid metaheader and contain group lenghts except for group 8 - this is a bug. Open.

12) When there is a space in the server directory name, printer_files is filled but not cleaned. Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

13) %u and %c do not work in im- and exportconverters. Fixed in final release 1.4.13.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!