Images in bmp import not showing in two installs!

• I have two different installations that are driving me crazy unable to make dicom files out of jpeg or bmps through import function. This is happening on two out of five installs. One on a windows 2000 machine the other on a windows xp machine. Have reset file associations on both, reinstalling no effect. The bmps show in paint and imaging in windows just not the import function. ANY IDEAS?

• Quote from AndreasKnopke

Does the error appear when trying to convert the image to dcm or when loading it into the image convertion form? And can you convert the same images with one of the other k-pacs installs?

Andreas

The error happens when trying to create the dicom file thru import function. you can browse for the file and preview and all that through windows but once you select with k-pacs the image does not show in the preview selecting pane. So it does not create the file even though it goes through the process. It gives a german error message.
    In the other install it does just right it shows and creates and let you append the studies. It will convert in the other k-pacs with the same engine. I send the file with vnc to the other station and convert the file. Also I can use orisis AND IT WILL SEE THE BMP, AND CREATE THE FILE BUT IT WILL NOT SEPERATE THE IMAGES IT STACKS ON TOP OF EACH OTHER.

• The only reason for this strange behavior that I can imagine is that the greyscale convertion fails somehow. It uses the windows application interface and some strange window settings could prevent it from working correctly.
    Right now I can not help you but I am currently reworking the image convertion routines completely and will have a look if I can avoid these kind of routines.

Andreas

• Just another thought:

K-PACS uses the OLEPRO32.dll provides by Microsoft to display different image formats in the image convertion module. Check if this dll exists in /windows/system32/ and if so, compare the version with the one from a system that converts images correctly.

regards,
    Andreas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!