KPACS SLOWDOWN

• THIS NEW VERSION IS VERY VERY SLOW. THE WINDOWING COMMAND IS SO SLOW THAT BY THE TIME THERE IS ANY CHANGE THE SCREEN COMPLETELY IS WHITE OR BLACK. THE ZOOM IS ERATIC. THE ZOOM NUMBERS FROM 1 X TO 2 X JUMP SEVERAL ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE. NOT DOUBLE.

THIS IS NOW SO SLOW, I MAY BE FORCED TO CONSIDER OTHER OPTIONS.

WE HAVE NOT USED THE KPACS FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS, BECAUSE WE ARE INSTALLING A NEW CR READER. HOWEVER, THE KPACS TAKES OLD DICOM FROM THE SERVER INTO IMAGE BOX, AND NOW IS MUCH SLOWER.

WE ARE ON A WIN XP MACHINE FOR A WORKSTATION. IT WAS MUCH FASTER WHEN WE LAST USED IT. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS?

• Hello Bob,

this seems to be a problem with low system resources. What is the amount of RAM installed on your system? Are there any tasks running with high CPU-load (see taskmanager [CTRL+ALT+DEL]).
    And what is the amount of physical memory available (not in swap file). See taskmanager - systemperformance.
    And finally, how many studies are in the local imagebox right now? K-PACS will probably slow down with more than 1000.

I installed the new version on serveral systems from 1Gig PIII/256mb to 3Gig Athlon/1000mb and I did not notice a slowdown compared to previous version, neither a big difference between low and high end systems.

Andreas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!