Windows Auto Delete Feature !

• Hi

I have setup Conquest to auto delete studies. The clean disk below was set to 10000 MB (10 GB), and clean nightly below was set to 15000 MB (15 GB). So in theory clean disk below should never be reached.

However I noticed that auto delete never took place as new studies were not being stored as there was only 1.8 GB left in storage.

Can the two cleanup setting options be used together or do I have just to use one setting, and leave the other set to 0 ?

Does the logs keep records of auto deletes attempts outcome ? If so which log file is of interest ?

I will for the time being try this command manually

dgate.exe -ff15000

from the DOS prompt, to see if any deletes takes place and storage is freed.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank You

Louis

Need more details to help on this one.

- Conquest installed as NT Service
    - The default DBASE provided is used and setup on the same drive as Conquest.
    - Both Clean up features used as stated above
    - Keep Alive setting was not used.
    - The Conquest GUI does display the correct amount of disk left where the data folder resides.

Is this enough enough ? Please be more specific on what else might be needed.

I plan to setup a seperate box with same as above and see what happens with auto delete.

Louis

• Nightly clean is run by the GUI, so the GUI needs to be up and running - may not be the case when you use conquest as a service.

The other cleanup runs when images are recieved. However, it works as follows: when a disk is full (< 30 mb), it cleans up until the given amount is reached. This may be considered a bug.

Marcel

Nightly clean is run by the GUI, so the GUI needs to be up and running - may not be the case when you use conquest as a service.

On most occasions the GUI is not open on the PC I have installed it on (definetely not after hrs). So from what you say here nightly cleanup will not take place at all. Then what I will do here is open it on the non administrator account, and use the option 'Hide the server (as a tray icon)'. This will ensure proper database maintenance.

The other cleanup runs when images are recieved. However, it works as follows: when a disk is full (< 30 mb), it cleans up until the given amount is reached. This may be considered a bug.

The disk in my case was not < 30 MB (it was at a higher number quoted above). The manual I think does not state the 30 MB threshold on this feature. I assumed that the threshold to start deletion, was at the number I set it to for 'Clean Up Below' feature. Some misunderstanding on my part.

I will use the Nightly feature to handle the database maintenance.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!