The manual project

• Hi, all,

What is the relation between the manual project's ConquestPACS.doc for version 1.4.12c (linked in the first post in this forum) and the documents windowsmanual.pdf, linuxmanual.pdf, and DicomConformance_FilesLST_Changes.pdf that come with version 1.4.13?

I'm just setting out to build a new Conquest system to replace what we have now (v. 1.4.1.1) and I'd like to RTFM efficiently. Is it enough to say that anything in the earlier ConquestPACS.doc file that isn't modified in one of the later .pdfs is still relevant and correct?

Thanks very much,
    Jim

• Hi,

ConquestPACS.doc was split (and re-ordered) into windowsmanual.pdf (install and config) and DicomConformance_FilesLST_Changes.pdf (technical). Linuxmanual.pdf is mostly new stuff for linux users. If you know the previous version well, there should be little surprises. I would, however, suggest to install 1.4.14beta (on the forum). Its bugs are well known and it is very stable. 1.4.14 is expected in a short while.

Marcel

• Thanks very much for your quick reply, Marcel. I'll take your advice on using 1.4.14 beta rather than 1.4.13.

When the production release of 1.4.14 does appear, will I need to do anything else to upgrade from the beta except replace the beta executables with the ones from the production build?

Jim

• Hi,

as always you can update by just replacing the exe files without loss of data or need to change settings. However, it is always wise to be able to downgrade if a bug is found that affects your operation. The web viewer OCX has changed a bit as well. The DLL is newer as well but has no changes in the functions used in the server.

Take care, if you recreate dicom.sql you need to do a full regen. After that you cannot downgrade from 1.4.14 without manually editing dicom.sql or a full regen.

As far as the manuals are concerned: you have to find it in the release zips. If you want to edit it, please let me know and I will send you the original document.

Marcel

• Borland Database Engine in the manual?

Hi

I know next to nothing about databases. So maybe I've just missed a minor detail.

I got the impression from the manual that the Borland database engine was recommended, so I installed that one first. Then I installed Conquest. In the first run of Conquest I got 5 other database choices. Searching the manual, I can only find explanations of what to do when I don't have the Borland Database Engine.

How do I use Conquest with the Borland Database Engine?

Thanks in advance.
    Svend.

• Hi,

the BDE is used automatically under the hood (but only for the browser) for SQL server, DBF, MsAccess and SQLite, and has only one minor benefit: you can search in the browser on name or ID for SQL server and MsAccess. Without the BDE you can only search on ID. A long time ago the BDE was required, but now good alternatives are built-in. Over the years I have seen no other issues when not installing the BDE.

The server core itself NEVER uses the BDE.

I always test operation with and without BDE by temporary renaming file:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE\idapi32.dll

into ~idapi32.dll. This effectively disables the BDE.

Marcel

• I'm using ConQuest 1.4.8 and have to write a forwarding rule in dicom.ini. But I can't find any documentation related to the "dicom.ini" syntax.
    Unfortunately is the package for download (ftp-rt.nki.nl) unreachable today.
    Is there anywhere a documentation for it?

I want forward all incoming images from X forward to Y and deleting the images after they are forwarded.
    (Routing).

Now I have:

ExportConverters=1
    ExportCallingAE0= X
    ExportConverter0 = forward to Y

Thank you

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!