advantage of nativ mysql driver vs bde install

• At the moment I use bde. Is there any advantage in speed or what ever when using the new implemented nativmysql driver?
    As far as I understand the manual, I have to copy the libmysql.dll into the mysql folder, that contains the mysqlserver. Is this correct?

• Hi Buschranger

You have to copy the libmysql.dll from the Mysql installation folder into the server directory.
    When first launching the Server intrerface for installation the MySQL option will be available for selection.
    I think you will benefit from SQL the bigger your archive gets, and you will be able to perform more flexible searches - I think bde only save Patient IDs
    (please correct me if Im wrong)

for MySQL I can recommend using MySQL admin for setup, it is very easy to use and offers many options for maintnance.
    greetz Stephan

• 1) native MySQL should be easier to setup (no odbc required). I made the correct dll avaialble for download with 1.4.12b, indeed you need to copy this to the server directory prior to setup. NOTE A BUG THOUGH - SEE KNOWN ISSUES TOPIC.

2) BDE is (very) optional and only impacts one little feature of the browser when using ODBC - whether the search box accepts patient names. In other modes (native mysql, dbaseIII) and when BDE is not installed it only accept patient IDs

• ODBC is required for any database that does not have a native driver, so indeed for microsoft sql server you always need to use odbc. The server sets up the odbc link itself during install for sql server. BDE works (only) on top of odbc and can be skipped.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!