PACS trouble log

• Hi!
    We very often get error messages in the PACSerror logfile similar to this one:

Inconsistent PatientNam in DICOMPatients: PatientID = '290132' PatientID = '290132', Old='AAAAA', New='BBBBB'

When I seatch the SQL file I am only able to find patient A or B, but never both - on queries from eFilm both show up :-).

I do understand what it means and why it comes up (we always put the DOB as the Patient ID) but I am not sure how conquest handles such an error and if it is important.
    So it would be very nice if someone could tell me how Conquest does handle certain IDs/Fields when they already exist and if there are IDs that schould never be the same
    thanks
    blub

• From the manual:

The following consistency checking is performed on the data entered in the database (without changing the image information that is stored):
    ? Inconsistent link information (e.g., two images of the same series belong to different patients), lead to a reject to store the new image with reported failure to the sending client.
    ? Filled items will not be overwritten by empty items.
    ? Known sex (M or F) in the patient database will not be overwritten with any other value than M or F.
    ? A known date of birth in the database will not be overwritten with an empty date or with a date on the 1st of January (which has a high probability to be wrong). When the original date of birth is empty, any value will be accepted.
    ? In case of any other inconsistency, the newer values will be written in the database, and the change will be logged as a warning.
    ? The (series) Modality field is appended to the Study Modality field in the database if it does not already contain this Modality.
    ? The PatientName, PatientBirthDate and PatientSex items are duplicated in the study table (database rev8 and up), to allow detection of patient ID mix-ups.

Not from the manual: patient birthdate chaged gives a more serious warning. Efilm shows other names because it queries the study table not the patient table.

Marcel

• Hi!
    Thank you very much for this quick answer!
    I think this would be the corresponding birthdate error:

***Inconsistent PatientBir in DICOMPatients: PatientID = '171086' PatientID = '171086', Old='19861010', New='19861017'

greetz
    blub

• Hi,

All image are always stored unless identical UIDs are reused, e.g., for different patients - which would be a gross dicom violation. The *** warning message is to detect and log instances of double patient ID's you mentioned.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!