Reading ConQuest image directory directly

• Hello!

First of all, thanks for a great software: ConQuest server rules!

Now, I'd like to access the image files ConQuest keeps in the directory directly. Is there any tool that allow me to convert them? I am seeing a lot of .v2 images which I cannot tell which format are in. Under Linux, "file" utility gives me a "raw data" answer (which is just a short for "I have no clue of what is inside this file"), and ImageMagick's "identify" tool says that it have no delegate to understand that format.

I've tried dcmcjpeg and dcmdjpeg with no luck (they generate short 11k output files with no image in, despite the size of the input file).

TIA

Pablo

• The images are probably NKI compressed (see my post on NKI compression). Use dgate -ndFILENAME to decompress them and bring them into regular dicom format. Or switch off compression and move all images FROM your server TO your server.

Marcel

• Quote from marcelvanherk

The images are probably NKI compressed (see my post on NKI compression). Use dgate -ndFILENAME to decompress them and bring them into regular dicom format. Or switch off compression and move all images FROM your server TO your server.

Marcel

dgate -ndFILENAME doesn't even change the file.

Any other ideas?

• So, the problem is probably the v2 format (raw vr dump) not compression (dgate -nd detects that). Set filenamesyntax to a value (like 4) that uses .dcm extension (see manual). Newly stored images are then dicom compliant. Make sure incomingcompression is 'un'. To convert all images you have to send then to another (conquest) server.

Marcel

• Quote from marcelvanherk

Set filenamesyntax to a value (like 4) that uses .dcm extension (see manual). [...] Make sure incomingcompression is 'un'. To convert all images you have to send then to another (conquest) server.

That worked like a charm. Thank you very much.

--
    Pablo

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!