Window Levels

• Hi,

I loaded k-pacs onto a doctors laptop to view images from a Radlink CR system. When we open the an image it is completely black. We can window and level until the image comes into to view. But, is there a fix for this? Can k-pacs display the image with in-the-ballpark values. The images from the Radlink CR are 16 bit. I read from another thread that k-pacs is capable of displaying 16 bit images. I also read that there is an algorithym that calculates from min and max window levels. Can you elaborate on this?

I was also wondering if the thumbnails of each image of a study can be displayed across, instead of stacked? I found that images in different series will display across the top, but not the images of one series.

thank you for your time and great viewer!
    Mark

• Yes, K-PACS can of course display 16bit images. It will try to read the default window/level values from the header and if not found, will apply a calculated mean window. Please send me an example image, maybe these images have VOI Lut sequences and K-PACS fails to correctly apply it.

Regards,
    Andreas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!