Import DICOM images from filesystem

• well, I don t work with NKI Compression but with lossless compression, but it works as well with a mapped drive.
    I guess that you ve a folder in your mapped drive with the dcm-files.
    I created a shortcut of the folder of the mapped drive to the desktop and then I open the folder directly from the desktop.
    II mark the interesting files with the mouse, press copy and than I drop them to the Conquest user interface.
    And this works. So you dont have to copy the files to your local hd.
    Is this what you mean?

• First, it's great to see this Conquest forum under way. I see names of several folks who have been helpful to me. Thanks and Happy New Year.

Couple of questions:

(1) When one sends files to Conquest with the storescu.exe program, Conquest creates folders under MAG0 to contain them. Does the same thing happen with the drag and drop function? Or will the files stay at their current locations, and be referenced from there?

(2) If you have set up more than one MAGx device, is there any way to tell Conquest which one to use for saving newly received files?

regards, Chris

• [/quote](1) When one sends files to Conquest with the storescu.exe program, Conquest creates folders under MAG0 to contain them. Does the same thing happen with the drag and drop function? Or will the files stay at their current locations, and be referenced from there?

Yes, it does.

2) If you have set up more than one MAGx device, is there any way to tell Conquest which one to use for saving newly received files?

To my mind its not necessary. Ist the same as sening to conquest from a workstation.

• Files dropped into the conquest server will be copied to the first MAG device with enough space. Drag and drop behaves the same as a network transfer into the server. There is no way to control in which MAG device images are stored.

Marcel

• >>>Files dropped into the conquest server will be copied to the first MAG device with enough space. Drag and drop behaves the same as a network transfer into the server. There is no way to control in which MAG device images are stored.<<<

Thanks, Marcel.

The reason I asked that is because I have a disk volume that front-ends a tape library with HSM software, so it looks like a nearly-infinite disk. Right now there are about 5 million files on it managed by ConQuest, and that aspect is working fine. (Thanks to your past help.) However, the HSM logic to migrate data to the library, back up the file-stubs and certain other functions gets slower as we go along. So it would be desirable to set up MAG1 and somehow ensure that it, and not MAG0, receives new data. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Chris

• well, loading data from the file system worked using drag&drop. Now I'm trying to copy data from a CD into the server using drag&drop, but I keep getting the - FAILED: Error on Load" message. The CD contains image data exported from a Philips PACS, present in .dcm files.
    Why can't I load these, I think they are in DICOM format?
    Any idea someone?

• Marcel, thanx for the quick reply.
    I tried copying to the C drive, but it has the same result: Failed: Error on Load.
    Could it be possible that the server is not able to read the .dcm files? I.e., a unknown/unsupported compression method is used?

Jeroen

• Dicom Header Dump for compression type?

I understanf that the copy to HD completed successfully but then the drag&drop to the server interface failed?

If you have K-pacs installed, can you import those files into K-pacs, then transfer them to Conquest?

Now a question for me... OT I know but I don't want to open another thread :-)

Is the "edit database" function going to be enabled? Ie, I Open edit data base in Conquest and look at info, yet I can't actually edit anything.

Regards,
    Matt

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!