conquest web based in the future

• Hi Bushranger,

yes and no. The CGI interface works OK and shows the potential. But I really do not have the time to futher develop it. Basically, we are looking for volunteers!

Marcel

• What type of guidelines would you have for developing the web services for Conquest?
    Would PHP/XML on Apache be acceptable?

Id also like so feedback from users in regards to what features they would want or expect.

I don?t see it necessary to have actual viewing software built in to a web application.
    There are plenty of these types of application available. Something similar to the PacsOne free addition? I.E. no window or level, just standard images viewable in a JPEG format.
    Any feed back would be fantastic, please post your requests in the forum and don?t email me directly.

• Did you try the existing CGI interface? I guess some functions that are useful (for an administrator) are "send image/series/study to", "delete this series/etc", "merge", "split", i.e., all functions of the current windows GUI browser, but that are unavailable for linux users. Also maintaining acrnema.map would be useful. PhP on apache seems ok to me, although I do not know how to make the link to dgate -- commands (now used in the cgi app).

Marcel

• marcelvanherk:

After choosing the Computer over sleep last night I think I have some ideas on putting a web Interface together.
    Do you have any other volunteers working on this project?
    I hate to pound out a bunch of stuff that has been done already.

• Hi, web based would be very nice.

Useful would be:
    - studie / patient management. /page where admin can make queries, selects Patient/Studies and have the options to delete /move / rename etc.. .
    A option to list studies of a certain period would also be very interesting, for example to delete all studies from 2004.
    - page to manage acrena map
    - edit dicom.ini from web browser
    - main maintnance options, like rebuild, restart etc.

..thats what come into my mind so far...

I can not be of any help in development, but I can offer help in testing :-)

• Hi,

First, Thank You for a Great program and all the work that has gone into it!

I've been using the 1.4.12 alpha version for about 6 months now in both windows and Linux and the performance has been exellent. I am currently doing 10Gb/day volume to a central server with two remote locations. There are 7 Philips sono machines in the 3 sites and a GE mammo in the central office. I use Ubuntu 6.10, with Windows 2003 in a VM. The VM does image collection / forwarding and I find the admin features are easier. The Linux side serves sono images to multiple viewstations / locations through the cgi. I am building two more Linux servers for the remote offices as they will be getting mammo machines soon.

The ability to customize the configuration to fit my bandwidth and network needs is outstanding. I've built a linux testing server to further develop the cgi. I have been incorporating minor usability features into the cgi (forward and back betweeen single images, alphetical sorting and such). I have also beeen working to get color into the gif web images. The 8-bit mono routines also improperly render 3d images. I've had various limited levels of success in editing nkiqrsop and could use a little help there.

I'm new at working with all this but would also like to help with the project.

Regards,

Pat

• I use conquest on a linux system running Ubuntu to store my departments Nuclear Medicine data. I have started writing a web interface to provide as many features of the windows GUI as possible.

The model I have chosen is the html page uses Ajax (javascript) to call php that gets the data from the dgate command line functions.

At present patient lookup works with patients/studies/series/images all on the same page and I am currently working on merging studies and series (our SPECT/CT sometimes puts every CT image in a separate series).

One major reason for writing this is to learn Ajax, so the code is changing quite a bit at the moment. I hope to have a basic version that I can post here in a few weeks.

Mark.

• I use conquest with MSsql2000 as well with wampp ( apache, mysql and php ) and the advantage is the ability of a multiuserplatform as mentioned and to built up a tailor made system
    I wrote a little php prog for the patient administration.
    The advantage of a web based interface could be that referring physicians could view images via web, for this a simple freeweare web viewer, that could be hooked on conquest would be more than enough. The remote administration of the server via internet I do with cspace, really genius prog.

• It seems as though we've all come up with divergent solutions here. Perhaps we should get a list of our requirements together. Maybe make it a stickey? Then we can decide what would be the cleanest approach, language, etc. to work with on this together?

For myself, remote management is not a problem but could be greatly improved through the web interface. I use it solely as a viewer. The technicians have a heavy workload, and the patient search returns results in about a half second from any location. Once selected, thumbnails are presented in 3 columns along the page. These gif images are 25kb and load quickly. Select any thumbnail and it goes to the full-size 175kb image (dicom size on disk = 1.5mb). Studies and series can be quickly reviewed with few mouseclicks. I've tested every viewer solution available and nothing touches this speed. (of course, I'll be sacrificing some of this when I get the color going)

So, maybe to kick off the list...

1. Performance: - I get gray hair over bandwidth.
    2. Simplicity:
    - Alphabetize option in search results
    - Increase thumbnail size, add columns, display only images
    - Next / Previous on individual images in series
    - Dual interface - User / Admin?
    3. Security: - passwording admin features - SSL - logging - more gray hair (HIPPA).
    4. User Features:
    - Color and 3D image display
    - Print
    - CD Burn (on server)
    5. Admin Features:
    - Anononimize and send
    - Edit Tags
    - Push

Does this sound like a reasonable approach?

Pat

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!