CT Daily QA Images, automate storage of values

• Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone has come across a way of viewing/parsing results from a Daily CT QA image taken on a Siemens Somatom go.sim scanner? It looks to me like some sort of secondary capture image. It imports fine into Conquest but I can't seem to view the secondary capture and it doesn't seem to have the results explicitly in the header. See attached dicom file. Note this is 1 image file of 5 it creates.

Thanks,

John

• Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the guidance. I have managed to write a python script to convert overlay into a BMP which works great by itself. A DICOM overlay image was new to me!

I have never executed a script before using Importconverter but one quick question, when I run something like this:

• ImportConverter0 = ifequal "%V0008,0016", "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.7"; system "python c:\conquest_SIEMENSCTQA\SiemensDailyQAtoBMP.py %f"

It seems to work fine but also saves images to the server itself which I don't want it to do.

When I add destroy command like so:

• ImportConverter0 = ifequal "%V0008,0016", "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.7"; system "python c:\conquest_SIEMENSCTQA\SiemensDailyQAtoBMP.py %f"; destroy

The python script doesn't work so possibly the destroy command carries out just before the python script gets a chance to run? Should i build in a slight wait time or how best would you work this?

Apologies for the basic questions and thanks for your help so far.

John

• Hi Marcel,

My code probably isn't the most efficient but this works!

Code
    ImportConverter0 = ifequal "%V0008,0016", "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.7"; save to C:\conquest_SIEMENSCTQA\temp_store\%o.dcm;
    ImportConverter1 = ifnotequal "%V0008,0016", "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.1.7"; destroy;
    ImportConverter2 = append "%f%n" to c:\conquest_SIEMENSCTQA\incoming.txt;
    ImportConverter3 = system python c:\conquest_SIEMENSCTQA\SiemensDailyQAtoBMP.py C:\conquest_SIEMENSCTQA\temp_store\%o.dcm;
    ImportConverter4 = destroy;

My SiemensDailyQAtoBMP.py script is then able to process image at its own pace and delete temporary .dcm image at the end.

Thanks for all your help,

John

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!