Conquest server 1.5.0b becomes unable to receive studies after some time

• I have a Conquest Dicom server 1.5.0b installed on a Xeon machine that has no issues, however after some time the server runs (it's on 24/7) it becomes unresponsive to new studies, no matter what I try I am unable to upload or retrieve any new studies. The only solution I have is to reboot the server altogether and everything comes back to normal. When the server stops working properly I get the same sequence of errors (shown in the picture). Note, the server gui responds normally as if everything is ok, but the server is unable to receive or retrieve any new studies. Marcel, thanks for all you do, this is a monumental effort.

• Hi,

i think some system (or maybe a virus) tries to connect to conquest with non-dicom communication, and that crashes it. I have seen the same issue at my University. Can you leave it on highest debug log over the weekend when you do not expect activity?

Marcel

• Marcel,

my deepest apologies for replying so late to this thread. On average I have to reboot the server 3/4 times per week to overcome this issue.

There's no virus on this machine, I use a really good AV (not your average norton/mcafee/free av), if you think the AV may be interfering I could set up an exclusion for the dicom folder if you can't identify the issue.

In any case. I just installed 1.5.0c, I copied the following files from the new zip:

conquestdicomserver

dgate.dic

dgateserv

dgate64

lua5.1.dll

libmysql64.dll

libpq64.dll

(I am always troubled by upgrading with simply moving a few files and everything works!)

Since my last post I upgraded the server to windows 11, thinking that a new fresh OS may have resolved the issue but it's exactly the same (with win10 or win11) that leads me to believe it's not OS related.

I setup the debug level to 4 and write to file. I will let it run until I am told the server is stuck again and then collect the file (where would it be?) and send it to you or post it here.

Thanks again for all you do, you're brilliant.

Marco

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!