Defining Archival Mags

• Hi,

I guess any MAG can be considered an ARCHIVAL MAG, you should just stop writing there. While moving between devices you can change the compression. Conquest also has an old mechanism to archive to a DVD jukebox but that is probably not very helpful.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel

It means as in my case there are 9 MAGs already configured. I have to configure a new MAG 10 and this is my NAS. DO i need to mark any flag or something so that conquest knows that this is my Archive device? Currently i am saving data in .v2 format. Can i change it to j2 or something to have maximum compression to save storage space and also without any data loss?

Please guide.

--HM

• Hi,

you can move data to an archival device, and as it is moved change the compression (this is ArchiveCompression in dicom.ini; default 'as' is no change; but j2 compresses only slightly better than n2). Moving is always done actively using:

dgate -as

dgate -am

E.g.

dgate -v -as1000000,0

dgate -v -amMAG0.Archiving,MAG10

Moves 1GB (1000000 kB) of data from MAG0 to MAG10

The GUI option "nightly move data" uses these two calls.

There is no method to forbid conquest writing directly on MAG10, if MAG0..MAG9 are full it will write to MAG10.

Marcel

• Thanks Marcel.

Here arise few questions.

1) Instead of data in MBs can I move the data date or month wise??

2) The filename syntax will remains the same for Archiving MAG or it will change.

3) Can you ease explain these dgate -as and dgate -am?

4) Can I replicate or have two MAGs as archive . A sort of data backup ?

--HM

• 1) It moves oldest based on LRUSort

2) yes the same

3) -as select, set device to MAG0.Archiving

-am move, copies data, verifies data, deletes source data

4) No there is MIRRORDevice for incoming data but it does not work for archiving I think

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!