Regen Single Device not complete

• I have 18,000 patients that I am trying to regen after upgrading to 1.5.0 and moving to a new PC. The process goes well for a while but seems to hang up at different times with no complete message. A few times it said regen was complete with only 700 or 900 patients. I've had the same result by doing it from the command prompt using dgate and by doing it in the conquestdicom window.

The dicom files are stored on a network attached storage device. Is there any way to force it to regen the complete folder?

Thanks

• After further testing it looks like it is due to the network. Sometimes I lose access temporarily to the shared folder.

Is it possible to regenerate the database locally then transfer it to the NAS for permanent storage?

Thank you for your help!

• Or you can use regendir which allow piecemeal regeneration.

Marcel

Tell me how it is done?

There is the same problem. Regeneration just stops... and it would be great to have the opportunity to continue it.

I have 3 data sources with dicom over 100 TB of data. I understand that rebuilding the database will be very long, and how to complete this task for me remains unknown.

• It is no problem to regenerate folders twice, there will be no data corruption

I would create a batch file with e.g. many

dgate --regegendir:MAG0,FOLDERNAME

where FOLDERNAME is a direct subdirectory of MAG0. This will allow you to see which folder has errors and crashed the server.

Marcel

• Hi,

there is an update on github (windows only) that does, e.g.:

dgate -v -i

dgate -v -arMAG0,a*.*

- or -

dgate -v --regendir:MAG0,a*.*

dgate -i initializes the database (use with care!!!). Then dgate -ar

regenerate all folders that start with an 'a'. dgate -ar is preferred over dgate --regendir, because the latter uses the main server to do the operation and the connection with it drops after 5 minutes, even if the regeneration is not complete, i.e. dgate returns while task is still active.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

sorry for the delay, I've tried your suggestion still getting the NT Service connection error. However I have noticed that the service that should execute dgate64.exe starts and then stops. C:\Dicom_servers\dicomserver1417d\dgateserv.exe /process dgate64.exe Any ideas?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!