Handling multiple scanner connections simultaneously

• Hello,

I am going to have ~100 MR/CT/NM scanners connected to our server within our hospital system. For us, Conquest will function only as a receiver (we already have an http retrieving and viewing platform we like). I have things working well for a the scanner I've been using for development and testing, but I want to do some stress testing of Conquest to prepare for the roll out. Is there a place with information on how Conquest handles multiple DICOM receive connects at the same time? I searched the forums and the manuals and couldn't find anything.

I'm thinking about trying to send from 5 different scanners at the same time, each sending about 10,000 images. Any advice on what I should expect or how I might set things up for best outcomes? Should I run multiple instances of conquest (maybe 1 instance on its own port for each scanner)? Does Conquest already have a queueing system for receiving data that will be sufficient (i.e. does Conquest create a virtual waiting "line" for incoming data)? Any other suggestions or experience anyone else has had with a similar set up?

Thank you in advance!
    Jason

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!