Use Conquest as server linking but not duplicating a Radiant DB

• Hi, I am searching for a solution for the following problem:

I have a Radiant database (300 GB) that I would like to serve to other machines, best solution would be a web viewer.

I do not want to duplicate the database, or import anything to PACS, search PACS from Radiant etc. - if I wanted to do that, that would be easy. I want my local Radiant database to stay where it is.

I would like to install a PACS server, that does not copy the files, but, for instance creates links to file directory (radiant DB) using ist own database.

Then the PACS would have its own database and access the files in their original location without duplicating the data.

I have played with Orthanc, which has a StoreDicom option, that can be set to false - but in that case, only the dicom header is indexed and the pixel data is not accessible through PACS.

Is there a way to acheive what I want mit Conquest?

Thanks in advance for the answer,

Amir

• I think so,

if you use the radiant database as its storage and regenerate the database it would scan all folders. One potential issue could be that you would be able to write through conquest in the radiant folders.

Play with it, set it up as default, then change the MAG0 folder and regenerate.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!