Scripted Upgrade from 1.4.17d to 1.5.0b, Server Service Installation Issue

• I am in the process of scripting an upgrade procedure in powershell to take my box from 1.4.17d conquest up to 1.5.0b. I have gotten everything working except for one piece. That being the service installation. I have tried to complete the service installation running this command,

New-Service -Name $hostname -BinaryPathName 'D:\dicomserverSQLDB\dgateserv.exe /process dgate64.exe -^serverstatus.log' -Description "Conquest Server Service"

That does create the service, and it starts, but then conquest will launch and say the service is there but not running. If i hit the button in the gui to reinstall the service, all is well. Of course, not ideal for automating if i still need to manually hit a button. So i am hoping someone can tell me where my issue is, or perhaps what to try to get this to work.

• pandemic326

Changed the title of the thread from “Scripted Upgrade from 1.4.17d to 1.5.0b, Server Installation Issue” to “Scripted Upgrade from 1.4.17d to 1.5.0b, Server Service Installation Issue”.
  • Hi,

this is the GUI's code to install:

RunProgramBlocking(curdir + '\dgateserv.exe', curdir,

['/service', trim(ServerName.text),

'/exename',

'"' + CurDir + '\dgateserv.exe /process '+dgateExe+' -^serverstatus.log"',

'/install']);

I think the key thing you miss is to name the service as the servers AE.

Marcel

• Just wanted to post an update that i got this resolved. For others that might be looking to do something similar, there were 2 things I did that seemed to magically fix my issue.

The first was I installed the service without any other config changes, then copied those files found the dicom installation directory over to be my complete source package. I am assuming there is some other tweak/dependency file that must be created in the directory after going through the "gui" install, but totally speculation. Just had to do it to get things to work.

Second, I went ahead and adjusted my script to cast the hostname to all caps. I wasn't doing that so my service was being installed as t0test rather than T0TEST. Not sure if that matters, but again, in combo with change number 1, things are working now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!