Running PACS from Command Line

• Hi

I installed the new version of PACS Server. Do the basic installation using the GUI and after the configuration is done, i deleted the Conquest DICOM Server exe file. I browse to the PACS folder and run the following command on windows command prompt.

C:\PACS\dgate64.exe

For testing, i copied some data in the configured INCOMING folder and it was read by PACS and saved at the desired location. But when i tried to query the server, it gives an error message no study found. I closed the command prompt window and queries the database, records were there. I copied the GUI back and click on regenerate MAGDevice and studies are visible in query results and i can also pull them to view.

For security purposes, i wanted to run the run the server through commandline (as mentioned above) and whenever any change is required copy back the GUI and do the changes.

Please guide.

--HM

• Hi,

To run the server from the command line, make sure you start it in the folder where you are and run it as dgate64 -v

This is the same way the service runs, or what the GUI runs. It will be fully functional.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!