Conquest DICOM server 1.5.0(b) released

• We're running 1.5.0b and I'm having an issue where Conquest only writes to the logfile when the interface is open

When we close the interface and log out of the server (Conquest is running as a service) no data gets added to the serverstatus.log file any more

the pacstrouble.log and pacsuser.log are working correctly

None of the cleanup jobs run either, so they are not getting zipped up and archived.

This on 4 servers, all 2012R2, Mysql and Conquest 1.5.0b

• Hi,

I cannot reproduce that. Where the log format changes (see below) it goes from GUI logging to service logging. Can you look for this message "Started zip and cleanup thread"?

Marcel

• Below is an example of things we see.

I think it tends to happen if we close the interface but don't log out of windows.

Although not sure exactly, will keep an eye on it. Sometimes it doesn't log for a week on end, then it will work as normal until the next login, then it will fail again.

Really strange.

• Did a bunch more testing to get to the bottom of this, because in our logs we are missing weeks of data at a time.

The problem seems to happen when the interface is open and you log out of windows.

Then windows is responsible for closing the window and the underlying process and that is when it does not revert back to logging directly to the logfile and no logs get generated any more.

This until the next time someone opens the interface. (or I guess reboot, but not able to test this at the moment)

So opening the interface and manually closing it, then logging out of windows works.

But opening the interface and then logging out of windows breaks the logging.

Is is possible for Conquest to always write to the logfile and have the interface just show it in log window like a tail-f (on linux) or what baretail does on windows?

Or is there a different way to detect the logoff process?

• Hi,

The closing interface switches the log over that also starts the service thread using command:

dgate(64) --log_on:serverstatus.log

This also calls StartZipThread() in dgate to enable nightly actions. Because you neither have the log or the thread, it seems this command is not sent from the GUI or does not arrive in dgate. I do not think being logged on or of makes any difference.

You can test this problem with the "only log to file" button that sends the same command. However, I see that this would enable the thread in dgate, without stopping the nightly timer in the GUI. So do not leave this button on overnight.

Marcel

• marcelvanherk

Changed the title of the thread from “Conquest DICOM server 1.5.0(a) released” to “Conquest DICOM server 1.5.0(b) released”.
  • Hi,

When I try to restore the patient database via the "Regen single device" function, I get an error:

[DICOMZT2] [Regen] g:\DicomArchive2\12347591\1.2.392.200036.9116.2.6.1.48.1211376079.1586924448.376831_0008_000769_158694695762db.dcm -SUCCESS

[DICOMZT2] ***VR:ReAlloc out of memory allocating -61801380 bytes

[DICOMZT2] ***A fatal error occurred (out of memory) - closing server

The computer has 8GB of memory

• Hi!

I use compression

Dropped File Compression = jk

Incoming Compression = jk

Archive Compression = as

Everything was fine.

There is a new MRI device Philips Multiva.

And some images began to deteriorate

If

Dropped File Compression = un

Incoming Compression = un

Archive Compression = as

All right

There are two snapshots in the app. One goes bad.The second one is not.

How to use JPEG correctly?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!