Problem with incoming files

• Hi,

It probably is an easy to fix issue, but i'm stuck and couldn't find an answer from previous threads.

I have a software that stores DICOM images to a folder and I would like it to be the MAG0\incoming folder. When I try to save the images then my software crashes during the save. I presume that the software is doing some sort of integrity check to make sure all files have been saved/written.

I would like to know if there is a way to increase the delay for deleting/moving the files on MAG0\incoming folder?

• Hi,

conquest attempts to open the files for appending to test it has access. This only succeeds when the file is closed. I have used this mechanism with e.g. FTP servers and have found no issue with it , but apparently your software does trip over it. Do you have control over the source code?

Conquest also ignores files with extension .partial, can yoy maybe use that mechanism? I.e. rename the file to remove the .partial extension once writing is done.

By the way on linux this mechnsim does not work and there it retries when it fails to load.

Marcel

• Thank You for the reply!

Unfortunately I do not have access to the source code and I also cannot manipulate the save logic.

I think that the easiest way to solve this is to just transfer the files from a different folder.

Thanks for Your help!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!