Can't import back the PET images to PET-CT

• Hello all,

After adding the Conquest as the Dicom Server in our PET-CT machine I can't import the PET dicoms back. There is no problem with CT though. Sending CT and PET to Conquest works (both modality dicoms are on the Conquest), importing the CT works too, but during the PET there is the unknown error on the PET-CT (it doesn't even start).

What the log shows:

The rest of the log is in the attachment (it's from the starting the Conquest, sending CT and PET to the Conquest, and then importing the dicoms back).

If you have any ideas what can be wrong, I'd be grateful. I tested it on the 1.5 beta version and on the previous version too. Always the same problem.

Best regards.

• I imported the files to GE SPECT-CT machine and took a look at the dicom tags. There is a group of private tags, starting from 0067 which are filled with radnom numbers and letters, could it be that this PET-CT exclusively needs these tags to accept them? I somehow found these logs and there are many warnings about this group:

I took a look at dicom tags directly from PET-CT, not from Conquest, and they're like in the attached image.[Blocked Image: https://ibb.co/rGzHpBr]

• Hi,

is enableJpegSupport on in your server? If ON, the server will propose explicit coding which is more robust. The private tags may be miscoded because they are not in the dictionary. On the other hand the group 28 tags it complains about are in the dictionary.

What you can do:

enable jpeg support

send PET image to conquest

sent it back to PET

See if this works.

Marcel

• It worked :)

Do you think I can safely use this option? Won't it change or miss any important information for for example calculating the SUV? Anyway, I think I can check it easily.

Thank you very much !!!

• No,

conquest does not throw anything away.

In implicit mode dicom tag type is NOT transmitted

In explicit mode dicom tag type is transmitted

so explicit is safer for private data. Jpeg compression will be accepted when this mode is on, but only if the scanner requests it.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!