Storage of PACS data in Central Archive

• Hi

We have 80 PACS servers running in different hospitals and diagnostic setups. Currently every site has its own PACS Server and serving the local need of the site. Now we want the whole data to be stored in Central PACS. Following queries are generated that need clarification and way around.

1. How to configure separate MAG for each site or store each site data in a separate folder for Management in the future

2. If Conquest is configured as database less DICOM Router on the site that forward it to Central PACS, how the Central PACS will tag or mark that study is received from that site.

3. How to ensure that Doctor of Site A cannot view the images of Site B and vice versa.

4. Site wise compression protocols.

5. Can a single instance of Conquest serve our need. As we have setup conquest in load and cluster mode.

Guidance required.

--HM

• Hi Hammad,

Conquest is free, so nothing is required. But a quick help:

1. Use a MAG importconverter based on your rules.

2. Use org %u to use the sending AE as originating AE

3. Difficult. You can reject or modify query move results to hide data from other doctors. I am sure we? discussed this before on the forum.

4. Note sure what you mean

5. Probably. But you would need to do load and reliability tests yourself.

regards,

Marcel

• Thanks for your prompt reply. Please find my reply inline

Conquest is free, so nothing is required. But a quick help:

1. Use a MAG importconverter based on your rules.

I had searched the manual but couldn't find MAG importconvertor based on rules. If possible can you share an example (sample lua code).

2. Use org %u to use the sending AE as originating AE

If two modalities have same AET then in that case i am unable to identify the study. If i set some info in private tag and same DICOM Private tag is at the Central Archive will that info be populated or ignored by conquest.

3. Difficult. You can reject or modify query move results to hide data from other doctors. I am sure we? discussed this before on the forum.

Can you please share an example (sample lua code)

4. Note sure what you mean

I mean images from SITE A compressed under JK and SITE B under JPEG 2000

5. Probably. But you would need to do load and reliability tests yourself.

Tested and verified

regards,

Marcel

• Hi,

Just a quick look on the forum and some ideas:

1)

[lua]

ImportConverter1 = if string.sub(Data["0008,1090"],1, 3)=="IOL" then script("storage MAG3") end

2)

[lua]

if Association.Sender~='AE1' then Data["9999,6789"]=Association.Sender end

3).

Search in the forum for 'reject'

4)

if Association.Sender=='AE1' then Data.Compress('JK') end

Good luck! I would bould a small test system to try these things out.

• Hi Marcel

Thanks for prompt response.

1) I was reading the manual that i can max define 99 ImportConvertor and 10 MAGs then how to handle and configure 80 different MAGs.

2)

[lua]

if Association.Sender~='AE1' then Data["9999,6789"]=Association.Sender end

In our case there are some modalities that have same AETs. Like CT99 or CT only.

In question that is not asked in this thread. How can i ensure that Conquest have received a study. In my case CT Scan A have 250 images and took say 30 sec to be saved on disk whereas CT Scan B having 13000 images took 2 mins. How to ensure that a study is received and saved.

--HM

• Hi,

1. You have to use string processing to calculate the MAG, e.g. from a lookup array.

2. You can call an external lua file and put all processing in there. E.g.

ImportConverter = externalfile.lua

There are a lot of resources on Lua programming on the internet.

regards,

Marcel

• Hi,

Lua scripts can read any item in each received object, and as well as IP adress and AE of the connection. They can set the required storage. So if you can explain e.g. in pseudocode what you want to achive I can give you some more relevant advice.

regards,

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!