Conquest Cluster - How to launch dgate with unique MyACRNema without editing dicom.ini

• We run a cluster of 4 nodes and would like to enable query/retrieve through them. Currently, they each go by the same AEtitle as we have replicated the dicom.ini to each server. We continue to enforce config versioning through a git-managed stream. All servers in the cluster pull their dicom.ini from a single git project. This way we have to change only 1 location and we have proper replication, with historic versioning, available for rollback.

The problem is that MyACRNema is the same for all app servers. While Query works, Retrieve most often results in the move-through store being load balanced to the wrong node.

Can we launch dgate from the command line with parameters including MyACRNema? Does this parameter dynamically update and would putparam be a viable option?

• Looks like putparam updates the file but the in-memory AEtitle remains what was in dicom.ini at the time of launch.

/edit:

if I throw a --read_ini: at the instance, it does not adopt the new MyACRNema value. I'm guessing the dgate instance has to be respawned when that changes. It would be excellent if I were able to invoke dgate with myacrnema in the launch string.

• I swore I tried that, but I'll give it another attempt.

/edit- apparently I didn't try hard enough

Thanks Marcel.

Could the launching switch be an option in the future? it would definitely make this cleaner. I tried to hack it into dgate for the last several minutes but haven't had any success.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!