New Build - Image Visualization / Interleaving trouble

• I've built a new environment for a new project. It's running CentOS7 as that is our standard flavor given the scoping towards Enterprise roles.

I've now run 1419d and 1419b (copied from a known-functional host) on this new box and am seeing the same odd image interleaving I've never seen CQ do before. When I retrieve these images from any number of different viewers, this problem remains. I'm about to blow up the VM and take a clone of a previous environment. I was hoping to start fresh and create some new standards for our implementations moving forward. Any thoughts Marcel?

• Hi,

this is most likely related to the block size issue seen in Linux before but which is known and unsolved other than reducing it in buffer.cxx and pdu.cxx. Can you compare these files of your version with 1.5.0alpha? Others have reported it, but it is strange it gave no problems on your previous host.

Marcel

• Hi,

Not sure. I messed around a lot with these parameters. It may be that the issue is linux build specific, i.e. you used a 'broken' version but never noticed, pretty sure the 1.4.19d releases is indeed broken (it was like this 1.4.19b). Please use the following lines in your code:

In pdu.cxx around line 90:

#ifdef UNIX

pdusize(4096)

#else

pdusize(32768)

#endif

And in buffer.cxx around line 50:

#ifdef UNIX

# define DEFAULT_BREAK_SIZE 8192

#else

# define DEFAULT_BREAK_SIZE 262144 // was 32600

#endif

And recompile. Sorry that I have not come around to make a full fix release for 1.4.19d2; because 1.5.0alpha is also being maintained and I am quite busy at work.

Marcel

• Built on an Ubuntu 18.04 and 16.04 box and did not have the same problem. Guessing it's something to do with the glibc libraries that are standard in different distributions. We're probably going to migrate the cluster to Ubuntu based on this.

/edit: for fun I changed the pdu parameter to 256k without the if/else. Builds still work even with that!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!