How to convert .v2 to .dcm?

• Hello everyone!

Can anyone help me to get know how to convert .v2 file to .dcm? Is it possible? I need to convert TBs of data, what is the fastest way to accomplish this task?

PS I did not install conquest server or something.

Thank you a lot!

• Hi,

You will need to download and install (easy) conquest anyway.

Try:

1) install a fresh conquest server (sqlite db) and load folders into there with drag and drop (you may hit a limit on how much you can do in one go)

2) install a fresh conquest server (sqlite db) and write a program to create a batch file and use e.g. dgate64 --compress,inputfile,un,outputfile

3) install a fresh conquest server (sqlite db) and zerobrane studio use a lua script to convert all files

Option 1 requires least programming so try that first.

Marcel

• Thank you a lot for quick answer!

I walked through guide and installed conquest server on Ubuntu, then started "counquest.service", after that I went to browser, pressed "Enter dicom server" and received this error at the bottom of the web page:

#######################################################

Show server configuration

Show server accepted SOPs

Show database layout

Show DICOM dictionary (Long!) DICOM ERROR connect failed on socket level (called not running)DICOM ERROR connect failed on socket level (called not running)

#######################################################

What should I do now?

And how to use "dgate64 --compress,inputfile,un,outputfile" ? I mean what is "un" and why "compress" instead of "uncompress"? I tried "dgate --uncompress ./file.v2 ./file.dcm", but seems it does not work :(

• Hi,

sorry I should have told you. The most easy way to do this is on windows where install requires less steps and drag and drop is supported. In lnux you will have to script it using command line or lua.

In linux, try to run dgate as command line e.g. dgate -v and then go to the web page. But you do not use the web page for your issue.

The dgate compress command is just to change compression from whatever to un=UNcompressed. In linux is should be "./dgate --compress,inputfile,un,outputfile"

regards,

Marcel

• I tried "./dgate --compress,1.2.392...848264.v2,un,tmp.dcm" from directory "conquest" (also copied .v2 file into there before), but nothing happened :(

Maybe something wrong with server? I think so because of message "DICOM ERROR connect failed on socket level (called not running)DICOM ERROR connect failed on socket level (called not running)" at the web page.

P.S. Conquest is installed on another computer in local network and I connect via IP:/cgi-bin/dgate

P.P.S. command "systemctl status conquest.service" yielded this:

###################################################################################

DGATE (1.4.19c, build Mon Jul 15 16:42:54 2019, bits 64) is running as threaded server

Jul 16 13:30:53 myservername[29952]: *** cannot connect to sqlite database ./data/dbase/conquest.db3

Jul 16 13:30:53 myservername[29952]: *** cannot connect to sqlite database ./data/dbase/conquest.db3

Jul 16 13:30:53 myservername[29952]: ***Unable to open database ./data/dbase/conquest.db3 as user dontcare on localhost
    ###################################################################################

Thank you for helping!

• Ah,

you need to regenerate (initialize) the database first. Run ./dgate -v -r. Then start the server e.g. ./dgate -v & or from service.

dgate --compress runs in the server, so if that is not started (as you error log shows), you cannot convert images.

Marcel

• I regenerated the database, then started the server with "./dgate -v", terminal yielded this messages:

########################################################################

DGATE (1.4.19c, build Mon Jul 15 16:42:54 2019, bits 64) is running as threaded server

Database type: built-in SQLite driver

Then I run "./dgate --compress,1.2.392....557848264.v2,un,tmp.dcm" in second terminal window, and first terminal window yielded:

Database type: built-in SQLite driver

Server command sent using DGATE -- option

But file "tmp.dcm" was not created ;(

PS I worked at "conquest" directory.

PPS Where the .v2 file should be located?

• I just realised you can also add this to dicom.ini:

WatchFolder = /folder_with_v2_files/

If set, files entered in this folder are automatically loaded into the server and

deleted. Has the same function as the incoming folder on MagDevice0.

This will start bulk conversion to dcm, using the output folder as sepcified in FileNameSynax. Try small first!

Marcel

• Hi! Thank you for answers!

What if I have a lot of folders and each of them contain about 20-25 .v2? How to convert them fast?

I wrote the script, which convert all .v2 files one by one, but each conversion via "dgate --compress" take about 0.15 seconds, is it possible to speed up the process? Is it the fastest way?

• Hi,

the watchfolder thing will be faster. It deletes the source data though. So create the folder and copy data piecemeal into it. Another fast way is to write a lua script. There is an equivalent servercommand() call that does not require starting a new dgate for each conversion.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!