Multiple Instances of Conquest

• Hi, when setting up a second instance of conquest on a machine I have installed instance B while Instance A was already running, as per the documentation. However when instance B runs it references the DB of instance A. Has anyone seen this, I assume there is a key step I am missing on set up?

Thanks

• Hi,

you will have set them either referring to the same database folder or using the same database link (which indeed may not be automatically renamed between instances, I put that in for ODBC but not for mysql or postgres). You can split the databases by editing the db name or folder in dicom.ini.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

Thanks for your reply, so the DB's can't be named the same even if they are in separate locations? The folders are correct in DICOM.ini file, but they do both have the same standard "conquest.db3" name.

Thanks

Mark

• Ok,

You are using sqlite (I did not know that before). no their names can be the same. Are you sure they are in different folders? If so they cannot and do not interfere. Do you see the issue in the browser? Or maybe you mixed port numbers somewhere.

Marcel

• Hi, I am using Port 104 as for both as this is the DICOM port should I use a separate port?

I have the DICOM.ini files below, we have PBOUTBOUND and PBTEST. When loading up the conquest gui, PBOUTBOUND runs fine. However PBTEST loads up PBOUTBOUND.

# Network configuration: server name and TCP/IP port#

MyACRNema = PBOUTBOUND

TCPPort = 104

# Host, database, username and password for database

SQLHost = localhost

SQLServer = C:\dicomserverOutbound\dicomserver1419b\distribution\Data\dbase\conquest.db3

Username =

Password =

SqLite = 1

DoubleBackSlashToDB = 0

UseEscapeStringConstants = 0

# Network configuration: server name and TCP/IP port#

MyACRNema = PBTEST

TCPPort = 104

# Host, database, username and password for database

SQLHost = localhost

SQLServer = C:\dicomserver\dicomserver1419b\distribution\Data\dbase\conquest.db3

Username =

Password =

SqLite = 1

DoubleBackSlashToDB = 0

UseEscapeStringConstants = 0

• Hi,

you cannot run multiple instances on the same port - unless they are on different machines. One of them wont start - and its gui will happily communicate with the one that did start. So this will have caused the confusion.

regards,

Marcel

• Hi there,

is it possible to run mulitple instances of conquests but connected to different mysql instances on same machine? I mean Mysql1 runs on localhost:3306 and Mysql2 runs on localhost:3307.

SQLHost.=localhost:3307 would work?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!