Association denied(connecting to conquest on Windows from Linux app)

• I'm facing some issue while trying to connect to my local Conquest server remotely. It's throwing error that association is not established and throws socket error:

java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)[:1.8.0_65]

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:350)[:1.8.0_65]

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:206)[:1.8.0_65]

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:188)[:1.8.0_65]

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)[:1.8.0_65]

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)[:1.8.0_65]

We have an application running on Linux machine and the ConQuest is running on a Linux machine. While I can send data from my conquest system to the linux system, it's not allowing the other way around and throwing socket error. I've checked the Windows firewall and it allows all the ports for conquest. I created a rule to allow port 5678 specifically to all application.

Please let me know your thoughts.

• Just a correction: The conquest application is running on Windows machine(not in VM) and it is in a private network(behind the proxy). And there's an application running on a separate Linux machine in the same private network. The application on Linux is trying to establish a connection to conquest( running on windows) and it's not able to create the association. Then it throws the SocketTimeoutException.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!