ExportConverter ExportFilter MAGdevice

• Hi,

I'm trying to set up an export converter based on a specific folder, I did this by creating a second mag device. Although I'm not sure the correct way to set up the filter for this. My dicom.ini file is below, any help would be much appreciated.

I'm trying to send files from the folder "C:\dicomserver\dicomserver1419b\distribution\data\incoming\"

Thanks

# Configuration of disk(s) to store images

MAGDeviceFullThreshHold = 30

MAGDevices = 2

MAGDevice0 = C:\dicomserver\dicomserver1419b\distribution\data\DicomInbox\

MAGDevice1 = C:\dicomserver\dicomserver1419b\distribution\data\incoming\

# Configuration of forwarding and/or converter programs to export DICOM slices

ForwardAssociationLevel = IMAGE

ForwardAssociationCloseDelay = 5

ForwardAssociationRefreshDelay = 3600

ForwardAssociationRelease = 1

ExportConverters = 1

ExportFilter0 = MAGDevice1

ExportConverter0 = forward to VMSFSD

ForwardCollectDelay = 600

MaximumExportRetries = 0

MaximumDelayedFetchForwardRetries = 0

• Hi,

Hi it is not clear what you want to do. The incoming folder is to autoload data. But is any case the Filter is a WHERE clause, e.g. DicomImages.MagDevice = 'MAG1'

It is possible to test pretty much anything, either as Filter or as if statement.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the response. What i am trying to achieve, is images are coming into conquest at the "DicomInbox" (MAG1) location, these are then manipulated in a separate program and then put into the location "incoming" (MAG2). Once in MAG2 I would like them to auto forward to "VMSFSD"

So i think the correct config would be?

ExportConverters = 1

DicomImages.MagDevice = 'MAG1'

ExportConverter0 = forward to VMSFSD

• Hi,

You cannot have multiple copies of objects with the same UIDs, even on different MAG folders. Is acceptable to overwrite and process in place?

process study by yourprocessor.lua(%VStudyInstanceUID)

could then do the trick. You can add a dicommove at the end of the lua file. The lua file can run external programs as well.

Marcel

• Hi,

Having multiple copies in different folders wouldn't be an issue as when it is placed in the second folder it is deleted from the first. Would

"DicomImages.MagDevice = 'MAG1'" work as a filter?

Thanks

Mark

• Hi,

The filter would work, but you have little control over where files are placed intially, and none when rewriting - they go to the same place. So 2 MAG devices is not the way to go. There are ample other options though!

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!