IMAGE for Apple users??

• Hello and thank you in advance for assistance rendered. I hope someone can help me.

My husband recently had a brain MRI completed and we received a copy of the CD from our MRI provider. An academic nerd by nature, I've spent several hours teaching myself all about MRI's, reading, interpretation, etc., so that I might ask my husband's medical providers intelligent questions. They have been so helpful as we've struggled with a number of cerebral, optical, and sinus issues, the last thing I want to do is waste their time. (Please know I'm NOT that patient who thinks she can self-diagnose. I just don't want to look stupid and want to be able to converse with a basic level of comprehension.)

Unfortunately, I am unable to open / access the information from his most recent MRI as the software requires a Microsoft Operating System.

Is there any way to access the IMAGE's MRI information with Apple products? All I have is an Apple MacBook Pro.

Again, my thanks in advance. My husband and I have only been married for 18 months, but in that limited time, he's experienced a TIA, underwent a coronary angiogram, emergency surgery to repair nine retinal tears in one eye, and a second surgery in his other eye to prevent further retinal tears. One neurologist also recently advised him that he may need about $100k in surgery relating to a severely deviated septum which I believe has impacted the optic nerve. He may also have a small tumor near his pituitary gland. The more knowledge I can acquire, the better I can prepare us for the long-term. Thank you!

• Sorry to hear about your husband's health issues.

Depending on how the patient medium was created, there may be web content on the medium as well. Look for a web page file (by default INDEX.HTM) or for images in non-DICOM format (e.g. JPEG or PNG) in the folder structure on the medium. This may enable you to take a look at the medical images in non-diagnostic form without using the viewer burned onto the medium.

Otherwise, you may use a Windows emulation for MacOS on your Apple device and start the application in an emulated Windows environment.

Good luck for you and your husband.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!