Grab measurements off the DICOM picture

• I want to do it automatically. The Sonographer forward images to conquest with still images and cine loops. The conquest on receiving images, beside saving patient data and its corresponding information must also save the measurements and other information like LMP dates, Liver and Spleen size also save them in database. So, that in end we can query conquest and help doctor in report writing.

--HM

• Hi,

if you have any software that can measure these images, you can can trigger it from an importconverter and save the results to the database. However, I a not aware of any reliable auto-segmentation software that could be used that way. Conquest itself cannot do it, you could automatically analyze images for e.g. mean pixel value but that is pretty much it.

Marcel

• I think the values he is after might be contained in an Enhanced Structure Report object that is transferred with the study. The measurements are made on the ultrasound scanner console and recorded in the ESR.

Therefore I assume that it would be possible to extract the values - I haven't looked at how messy Lua gets with parsing highly hierarchical sequences in the structured report!

• the other alternative of course is that the data is held in DICOM overlays, either burnt in (no chance of retrieving them), or held in a GSPS object, in which case I don't know what your chances are.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!