Database Analysis

• Hi,

I'm trying to analyse the database (how it worked, the relations between the table, etc..) and I'm having a lot of difficulties since it's really not clear. Like the foreign key are sometimes name fkey something and sometimes it's like patid and the name is not even clear cause their like no standard at all or almost. Can someone explain it to me please?

Thanks in advance,
    babaThom

• I'm not sure if I understand your intention for "database analysis".

K-PACS does not work with a real database. Its study and image registration is file-based and the data is stored hierarchically according to study, series and instance UID. On each level, a registration file registers the necessary information as they are shown in the "Database" table of the study browser. The KPStudy.dir holds all study details, the Series.dir files hold the information of all series of a particular study and the Image.dir files register the individual DICOM objects of a series. Series and image directory files, therefore, exist for every study stored in the local imagebox.

If this does not answer your question, please be more specific in what exactly you are looking for.

• I'm sorry that I was not specific, but I'm talking about the IQ-RIS database. I know that I'm posting this in "K-PACS features & functions" but I don't know where I should be posting it. Hope my intentions are clear now.

• As you realized yourself, this forum is dedicated to the K-PACS freeware only. We do not provide support for our professional products here.

If you have questions concerning iQ-RIS, feel free to contact our technical support directly by email at support[at]image-systems[dot]biz. If your inquiry is related to a specific iQ-RIS installation, please also provide the customer details and current license information. For sales questions contact our sales team at sales[at]image-systems[dot]biz. Alternatively, you may use the web form on the iQ-RIS product website.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!