Conquest can't query KPServer

• Kpacs setup is Kpacs KPServer 127.0.0.1 5680, when I query KPServer from Conquest,( Query results -1 can't connect, also same with Onis), I can upload to Conquest from Onis and I can query Conquest from Kpacs, I can copy from Conquest to Kpacs,Echo's show success to all nodes. I am trying to set up Conquest to connect to both Kpacs and Onis.

DICOM AE (Application entity) -> IP address / Port map *
    * (This is file ACRNEMA.MAP) *
    * All DICOM systems that want to retrieve images from the *
    * Conquest DICOM server must be listed here with correct *
    * AE name, (IP adress or hostname) and port number. *
    * The first entry is the Conquest system as example. *
    * The syntax for each entry is : *
    * AE <IP adress|Host name> port number compression *
    * For compression see manual. Values are un=uncompressed; *
    * ul=littleendianexplicit,ub=bigendianexplicit,ue=both *
    * j2=lossless jpeg;j3..j6=lossy jpeg;n1..n4=nki private *
    * jk =lossless jpeg2000;jl=lossy jpeg2000 *
    * Use J3NN..j6NN or jlNN to override quality factor to NN% *
    ********************************************************** */

CONQUESTSRV1 127.0.0.1 5678 un
    ONIS26 127.0.0.1 107 un
    KPServer 127.0.0.1 5680 un

V* * 1234 un
    W* * 666 un
    S* * 5678 un

• That's correct behavior. K-PACS does not provide Query SCP functionality as a DICOM viewer. You can use K-PACS to query a PACS server and retrieve images from an archive (such as ConQuest). You can also receive data sent directly to K-PACS or forward data from K-PACS to another station. But K-PACS itself cannot be queried by other DICOM nodes.

• Thanks for the quick reply and your answer as I was not aware of this, I am a new to Pacs and have relied mostly on Conquest forum as well as this forum I am trying to set up a system for a small office where Kpacs will be a viewer on three stations and conquest will be the server for CT,MRI and Xray CR, one station also has Onis26. Thank you very much again.

• You're welcome.

I'm not sure about the legal situation in your country. Be aware that K-PACS is not a medical device (e.g. according to CE and FDA) and, therefore, may be excluded from use for diagnostic purposes also in the Dominican Republic. Feel free to check out our professional reading station software iQ-VIEW and our DICOM archive iQ-WEB, incl. web-based viewers, for a fully supported diagnostic solution.

• Quote from Sabine Stridde

(...) You can use K-PACS to query a PACS server and retrieve images from an archive (such as ConQuest). You can also receive data sent directly to K-PACS or forward data from K-PACS to another station. But K-PACS itself cannot be queried by other DICOM nodes.

Hello !

And what abour iQ-Viewer ? Can it be queried by a DICOM node ?

Sincerely,

Jérémy

• No, iQ-VIEW cannot be queried either. As a radiological reading station (and not a DICOM archive / PACS), it's not its intended use to provide data through query/retrieve to other DICOM nodes. Reading stations are rather the recipient of images created at other modalities than the provider. However, it is possible to send data from iQ-VIEW to other stations. For instance, when reports or evidence images are added to existing studies or when studies are imported from external media, such as patient CDs, they can be sent to the central PACS for archiving and further distribution within the medical network.

If you are looking for a DICOM archive, check out our iQ-WEBX.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!