Help with Info

• Hi
    Sorry at the start, I'm old and it takes a little time to get through to me :)
    I would like to create a backup viewing system seperate from out main PACS sysatem, we did have one previously but only because the PACs system was in 2 parts, now its integrated we loose a fail over.
    I'd like to create a small store so that in the event of a PACS failure the modalities could push manually to a local store, we could then view on a web viewer (non diagnostic). I initially looked at software called "my Free Pacs" which looked to do the job but getting it set up is very problematic and I'm also concerned about the lack of support/community for it, K-PACS looks a better option, but do people her agree that it will meet my needs? is there a location I can view the web Viewer front end? and are there licence costs if i'm using iit in this limited way?

Thanks

• If you are looking for an archive with integrated web-based DICOM viewer, then K-PACS is not the right solution. Although the software has "PACS" in its name, it is a thick-client DICOM viewer. You would be able to temporarily store a number of studies and you could also view them (non-diagnostically), but the software is limited to a local PC. If you wanted to view the studies on more than just one station, you would therefore need more K-PACS installations and you would have to send the studies to all these stations to be able to view them.

K-PACS is, however, a freeware and can be used without cost. As a downside, it comes without user documentation, without technical support (except for maybe a reply in this forum) and cannot be used for any diagnostic purposes.

Our thin client viewing options integrated with a DICOM storage, are professional applications with license fees.

Hope that helps a little still.

• Hi
    Sorry I forgot I'd registered and posted here (again its an age thing :) ) I've modified my requirements... assuming I can get it to work, KPACS would now only be a store, if I can point our current web viewer to KPACS as a secondary location, it would not matter that it is only a store, modalities would push to it in an emergency. do you think this can be configured?

Thanks
    Gary

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!