Using KPACS to correct for magnification?

• Hello, I'm an ecologist who is attempting to X-ray snakes so that I can take measurements of their vertebrae. I know there will be a degree of magnification so I wanted to correct for this by including a penny as a standard in the X-ray. I know you can then use the actual size of the penny to help correct for magnification, but I wasn't sure which software I need to download? IQ-SYSTEM or IQ-BONE?

Thanks!

• That's exactly what the "calibrate" function in iQ-VIEW/K-PACS is for. You can use it to measure an object of known size, just like the penny, and use this as calibration. All distance measurements will then be based on that calibration and, thus, correct the magnification in X-ray images. The calibration function in our iQ-VIEW is enhanced and better suited to do calibrations based on round objects. Feel free to download a trial version from the "Download Center" on our website and try it out yourself.

• The iQ-VIEW trial license runs for 30 days. During the first 15 days, you can use all functions of the application that would be available in the iQ-VIEW PRO version. Afterwards, the trial slips into BASIC mode, which means that through the last 15 days of the trial all functions available only in the PRO version will be deactivated. The calibration function is part of the iQ-VIEW basic package and will be available through the entire 30 day period.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!