New web interface and viewers

• Hi,

I coded a new web interface in Lua that is totally self contained. It is purely based on javascript and should run in any browser without add-ons.

The embedded viewers supports scrolling with the wheel and changing level and window. Please try it out. Zoom is coded but disabled as a bug in Conquest can crash the server for non-square images.

I added error handling because some people had some trouble getting it to run.

To test it, locate your web server cgi-bin folder, and create a subfolder, eg. test. There put the contents of the attached zip file. You will also need to add dgate.exe (windows) or dgate (Linux) to the test folder as well and adjust the path to acrnema.map in cgi-bin/test/dicom.ini.

Then (for windows)

http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/test/dgate.exe?mode=start

should start the new interface. Please provide feedback.

edit: updated the files on 6 December 2015 for 1.4.17d compatibility

Marcel

Files

• newweb.zip

(94.8 kB, downloaded 537 times, last: )

Marcel van Herk is developer of the Conquest DICOM server together with Lambert Zijp.

• You likely missed the other cg-bin/dicom.ini change

[wadoseriesviewer]
    source = viewers/wadoseriesviewer.lua

It apparently does not see the new viewer. All other settings are supposed to be tested by the new viewer code.

Marcel

• Hi,
    Maybe a typo error in the cgi-bin/dicom.ini ? anyway I restarted from a default install and I only get this:

Conquest 1.4.17d WADO viewer
    Wado viewer error, cannot query server at series level: PACS
    *** lua run error viewers/wadoseriesviewer.lua:137: attempt to index local 'seriesinfo' (a nil value) in 'dofile('viewers/wadoseriesviewer.lua')'

This is the source url:
    http://192.168.10.65:5679/dgat…78188422.8088219&size=560

Please let me know what did I miss...

• Hi,

PACS is your local server isn't it? I wrote this to view images on the local server first. Later the bridge functionality may be added.

The routine fails on a query to PACS. This most likely because PACS is incorrectly defined in acrnema.map.

Marcel

• Hi,

I updated the start page of this topic to include a full web interface. Please try it out. With thanks to Chad for feedback and Luiz for originally coding the Lua replacement web interface.

Marcel

• Hey Marcel,

this looks interesting, just a simple question, should this also work with the older conquest version (1.14.7) or is it intended only for the new one?

BTW: quick try to deploy this on conquest 1.14.7, start page loads fine, search patient redirect to listPatients.lua but no patients are displayed (looks exactly like start.lua).

best

Tomas

• Hi Tomas,

I do not think it is version specific. Try a new dgate.exe in cgi-bin just to make sure. The backend server can be quite old I believe (wado came in 1.4.16). Only zoom will not work with any server until I release the server 1.4.19beta update.

Marcel

• I originally set up with cgi-bin\test\dgate.exe as a 1.4.17d, which resulted in a search page that never returned any results. When I changed cgi-bin\test\dgate.exe to 1.4.19alpha, it was still reporting as being 1.4.17d. I changed the main cgi-bin\dgate.exe to 1.4.19alpha, and search has begun to work, listing everying. I can view images as thumbnails, but when I try the "view study" button I get error:

*** lua run error wadostudyviewer.lua:22: attempt to index local 'str' (a nil value) in 'dofile('wadostudyviewer.lua')'

The back end gui (version 1.4.17d) shows activity
    [ANON]
    [ANON] UPACS THREAD 672: STARTED AT: Wed Dec 02 15:09:08 2015
    [ANON] Calling Application Title : "none "
    [ANON] Called Application Title : "ANON "
    [ANON] Application Context : "1.2.840.10008.3.1.1.1", PDU length: 16384
    [ANON] Presentation Context 0 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.2.2.1" 1
    [ANON] (StudyRootQuery) search level: IMAGE
    [ANON] C-Find (StudyRoot) located 2 records
    [ANON] UPACS THREAD 672: ENDED AT: Wed Dec 02 15:09:08 2015
    [ANON] UPACS THREAD 672: TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 0 SECONDS
    [ANON] getting image for wado viewer 90 140

I get a different error if I drive in deeper to where the "View series" button is available. Clicking on that results in
    Server Error
    502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
    There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

Similar back-end activity happens in the gui.

• I upgraded the back-end server to 1.4.19alpha (by replacing dgate.exe, dgate64.exe, conquestdicomserver.exe, and cqdicom.dll) in my back-end application directory. Now that everything is on 1.4.19alpha the new web interface works fine. No modifications were made to any of the config files, the only difference was replacing the files mentioned.

So your suspicion that the back-end server can be an older version does not seem to actually be true.

• Hi,

I just updated the interface for compatibility with 1.4.17d (on windows). It should now run using most recent versions of the dicomserver backend - the actual server, and dgate.exe frontend - in cgi-bin. Please provide feedback.

On Linux, use 1.4.19alpha for both - for now.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel

Finally got a chance to try the new viewer - thanks

But for me there were a few issues - I am using with the 1.4.19alpha

Searching is all good but only some images will display when I click view study. And when they do, I can scroll through the slices with mouse wheel but only ever get to see one slice

below is the log for trying to receive slices form a 6 slice US study - Just keeps repeating

[CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 330: STARTED AT: Sun Dec 20 12:15:38 2015
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Calling Application Title : "none "
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Called Application Title : "CONQUESTSRV1 "
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Application Context : "1.2.840.10008.3.1.1.1", PDU length: 16384
    [CONQUESTSRV1] Presentation Context 0 "1.2.840.10008.5.1.4.1.2.2.1" 1
    [CONQUESTSRV1] (StudyRootQuery) search level: SERIES
    [CONQUESTSRV1] C-Find (StudyRoot) located 1 records
    [CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 330: ENDED AT: Sun Dec 20 12:15:38 2015
    [CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 330: TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 0 SECONDS
    [CONQUESTSRV1]
    [CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 331: STARTED AT: Sun Dec 20 12:15:38 2015
    [CONQUESTSRV1] (StudyRootQuery) search level: IMAGE
    [CONQUESTSRV1] C-Find (StudyRoot) located 11 records
    [CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 331: ENDED AT: Sun Dec 20 12:15:38 2015
    [CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 331: TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 0 SECONDS
    [CONQUESTSRV1] getting image for wado viewer 127 256
    [CONQUESTSRV1]
    [CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 340: STARTED AT: Sun Dec 20 12:17:15 2015
    [CONQUESTSRV1] (StudyRootQuery) search level: SERIES
    [CONQUESTSRV1] C-Find (StudyRoot) located 1 records
    [CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 340: ENDED AT: Sun Dec 20 12:17:15 2015
    [CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 340: TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 0 SECONDS
    [CONQUESTSRV1]
    [CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 341: STARTED AT: Sun Dec 20 12:17:15 2015
    [CONQUESTSRV1] (StudyRootQuery) search level: IMAGE
    [CONQUESTSRV1] C-Find (StudyRoot) located 11 records
    [CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 341: ENDED AT: Sun Dec 20 12:17:15 2015
    [CONQUESTSRV1] UPACS THREAD 341: TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 0 SECONDS
    [CONQUESTSRV1] getting image for wado viewer 127 256

Likewise I can adjust window and level values but no change to image. If I select the patient ID from the search results I can drill down and see all the thumbnails but again cannot scroll through slices

Some studies do not return any image and I get the following error message when selecting view study

*** lua run error wadostudyviewer.lua:571: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value) in 'dofile('wadostudyviewer.lua')'

If on the same study I choose the Patient ID I get

*** lua run error listseries.lua:55: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'k' (a nil value) in 'dofile('listseries.lua')

Well thats it for now

Hope it is of some help?

Cheers Richard

P.S. Glad to see there has been some interest in my "How to set up webserver/weasis guide"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!